obedient

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗

✬˖༄ ♡ ࿐*✬

karl has found that getting ready whilst his left hand is secured in a bandage is harder than he would've predicted. his mobility isn't really limited at all, but any time his hand so much as brushes against something he feels a sudden jolt of pain.

though, admittedly, it is already significantly better than it was last night, and the cooling cream sapnap put on his raw skin clearly made a positive difference, so he just hopes that this is an indication of hope towards a quick recovery from his stupid actions the night prior.

karl takes his overnight bag downstairs with him once he's dressed and ready for the day, morning routine all done and sorted. he settles it by the door at the bottom of the stairs, preparing for a quick escape after the humiliation of the last night, when he fumbled so embarrassingly in front of sapnap just because the ravenette was looking at him.

karl sighs at himself as he leaves the hallway and heads into the kitchen, stopping short in the doorway when he spots sapnap by the sink, getting himself a glass of water.

"oh, morning karl," the ravenette greets. he flips off the tap and turns to face the other boy, glass in hand and a simple simple barely brushing his features. "how's your hand?"

karl looks down at his hand and shrugs. "it feels a lot better," he answers, which is basically true. if he were being completely honest, he would point out that it still hurts quite significantly, but he sees no reason for sapnap to need that information.

the ravenette nods in response, his smile turning kinder. "i'm glad." sapnap pushes away from the counter by the sink and heads for the door that backs onto the dining room. "benji should be back soon. if you make breakfast and then clean up the pans or whatever, then you're probably free to go after that. i don't think there's any more housework that urgently needs doing."

"alright," karl agrees compliantly. "do you want breakfast too?" he offers, already stepping over to the fridge to see what he can cook.

"please," sapnap replies. he pulls open the door to the dining room, glass still in hand. "i'm going to be working, so try to be quiet."

karl nods in agreement and watches as sapnap excuses himself from the room, gently shutting the door behind himself. the brunette sighs again, more at himself than anything.

he hates how tight his chest feels. karl was never really comfortable with sapnap, but they had fallen into a sort of routine of just ignoring each other unless sapnap was handing off orders and karl liked it. it was easy, doing as told and nothing more.

but now something has shifted, and he doesn't even know what it is. not having answers scares him, just like most things seem to these days. in the back of his mind, karl contemplates if he should have a serious discussion with his mom about his anxiety, about how it keeps getting worse and even the smallest things are starting to feel terrifying. she knows he suffers, but not this badly.

he tries to push away the thoughts to contemplate some other time.

getting out some bread and bacon, karl decides to settle with simple bacon sandwiches. benji will probably have eaten breakfast at his friend's house, but the child won't argue with an extra sandwich to keep him going until lunch. he will cook two for sapnap, since the older man requires more food, and one for benji.