be careful what you wish for

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗

✬˖༄ ♡ ࿐*✬

sapnap holds the door open for dream to pass, trying to type the last few lines and send off the email he's writing so that he doesn't walk in with his face in his phone like a degenerate.

it's still in the air whether they'll work with this designer permanently: the outcome is dependent on how their meeting goes today. still, it's important to have a good first impression.

he pockets his phone as he steps into the office foyer, barely concealing a shiver as the air con blasts down over him. he's wearing a dress shirt for formality, but he removed his blazer right after leaving the house and stepping out into the sun. now, he wishes he had brought it with him from the car.

"sapnap?"

the ravenette turns towards the unfamiliar voice, shifting to face a tall, dark-haired man. he has a large build and his shirt stretches over the expanse of his broad shoulders.

without being too obviously stereotypical about the general appearance of app designers, he doesn't look anything like sapnap suspected.

he wonders momentarily if it was rude of him not to research noah more thoroughly beforehand, since he surely would've had a picture on the company website. though, judging by the fact that the tall man is addressing dream, he suspects that he didn't research their appearance either.

"oh! uhm n-no, sorry, i'm dream," the blond says, pointing back over his shoulder with the jab of his thumb. "that's sapnap."

sapnap steps forward, lining himself up with dream and holding a hand out to the taller man. "nice to meet you," he greets. "noah, right?"

"oh, i prefer foolish," the other laughs, reciprocating the firm handshake. "i should probably change my email format, shouldn't i?"

sapnap laughs weakly along.

"anyway!" foolish steps back with a clap. "come, i'll show you to my office," he smiles.

sapnap chances a glance at dream and the blond offers him an unsure shrug. it's promising to know that sapnap isn't the only one vaguely interested in the designer's seemingly eccentric greeting. he definitely seems interesting, though sapnap knows from experience that the strangest people are usually the most creatively talented. plus, anything is better than the aesthetically inept pair that are trailing behind the dark-haired man.

foolish stops at the front desk, helping himself to visitor badges for the two men, and sapnap wonders what foolish's role overall is. he knows that, generally, he is self-employed, but the man seems to have some sort of power as he passes through the huge office building, greeting anyone he passes.

"my office is at the top," he says as they step into the lift. foolish presses his keycard against a small screen in the escalator and the sign for the twelfth floor lights up. "i hope neither of you are scared of heights."

sapnap smiles politely at the playful comment and dream responds with a light laugh.

it isn't a laugh that sapnap is familiar with and, when he looks over at his friend, he notices the flush on the blonde's features as he looks down at the mirrored elevator floor.