Untapped Power

At the big reveal (Y/N) assumed a respectful bow, Grover knelt clumsily in the snow and stammered out some compliments and Percy, whose mind was definitely being overloaded, said something real intelligent like "Um... okay." 

"Get up, goat boy!" Thalia snapped. "We have other things to worry about. Annabeth is gone!"

"Whoa," Bianca Di Angelo said. "Hold up. Time out."

Everybody looked at her. She pointed her finger at them all in turn, like she was trying to connect the dots. 

"Who... who are you people? Mr (Y/N), what's going on? Is this some sort of emergency practice?"

Sheathing his blades onto his hips, he cautiously approached the girl and her brother. 

"Now don't freak out or anything, the nice lady here will explain everything in a much better manner than I ever could. And drop the Mr, it makes me feel old." 

Artemis's expression softened.

"It might be a better question, my dear girl, to ask who are you! Who are your parents?"

Bianca glanced nervously at her brother, who was still staring in awe at Artemis. 

"Our parents are dead," Bianca said. "We're orphans. There's a bank trust that pays for our school, but..." She faltered. 

"What?" she demanded. "I'm telling the truth." 

Realising he may actually be better at giving them the harsh news, (Y/N) took over. 

"Look, this whole situation has blown way out of proportion than I planned for it to, but I'll do my best to explain. You two are children of..." 

Suddenly a voice boomed around his head. 

"DO NOT TELL THE CHILDREN OF THEIR HERITAGE. ALLOW FOR THEM TO BE EXTRACTED, YOU ARE FREE OF YOUR SERVICE." 

Putting a hand to his head, a certain huntress took over. 

"You are a half-blood," Zoe Nightshade said. Her accent was still old-fashioned, just like the last time they met. 

"One of thy parents was mortal.The other was an Olympian."

"An Olympian... athlete?"

"No," Zoe said. "One of the gods."

"Cool!" said Nico.

"No!" Bianca's voice quavered. "This is not cool!" 

Nico began to dance around as if he had sydenham chorea. 

"Does Zeus really have lightning bolts that do six hundred damage? Does he get extra movement points for—" 

"Nico, shut up!" Bianca put her hands to her face. "This is not your stupid Mythomagic game, okay? There are no gods!" 

It was clear in everyone's eyes that Annabeth was the main priority, but tension slightly decreased for sympathy for the Di Angela's. (Y/N) was raised with the knowledge of being a half-blood so he couldn't relate to the shock of finding out, but he knew it must have been a life-changing shock. Thrown into a whole new world over a sentence? Must've been like having a brain aneurysm. (He pioneered the treatment of those when he lost a bet to Dionysus.) 

"Bianca, I know it's hard to believe. But the gods are still around. Trust me. They're immortal. And whenever they have kids with regular humans, kids like us, well... Our lives are dangerous." Thalia said. 

"Dangerous," Bianca responded, "like the girl who fell."

Thalia turned away. Even Artemis looked pained.