poisoned

tw: implied/referenced torture, suicidal thoughts

She could still feel his warmth against her now shivering body.

Her mind was swirling with thoughts that seemed to ruin her.

What was she fighting for? Who was telling the truth?

Maybe it was stupid of her to believe So Mun.

But deep down, she could feel that he was telling her the truth.

With the way he held her as she broke down. With the utter exhaustion on his face as he told her Mr. Park's true powers.

The powers that he had used to warp her reality. The powers that gave him control over her body.

As she hugged herself while walking, she realized that she was about to make the stupidest decision she could.

She was going to confront Mr. Park.

It was idiotic, to say the least, but she'd finally get the answers she wanted.

He definitely couldn't kill her because he would become vulnerable.

He might make her suffer, but it was a price she was willing to pay.

She would finally have some control over her fate.

So, as she walked into the motel and made eye contact with Mr. Park, she maintained her composure.

With a deadly quiet voice, she finally asked him.

"It was all a lie, right?" Her eyes focused only on him.

"What do you mean by that, Do Hana?" Park Hyuk asked with a hum, barely paying her any attention.

"You messed with my head. You made me think that So Mun had killed me, but that wasn't the case at all." She muttered, a bit of anger bleeding into her voice.

Park Hyuk finally turned to face her with an eyebrow raised.

His nonchalance made the anger well up inside her, but she tried to stay calm.

"Did you really believe him, Hana? That boy is trying to trick you and you're falling for it." He said with a tsk sound.

She couldn't believe his audacity. He actually sounded disappointed in her. This man was trying to convince her that she was idiotic.

"The only thing I fell for was your pathetic attempts at messing with me." She spits out with poison in her tone.

"You should watch your mouth. The only reason you're still here is because you prevent me from dying." He explained sweetly.

"The only reason that I'm still fucking here is to get answers. So cut the bullshit and tell me the truth." She shouted at him.

"Hmm, if that's what you want. I did mess with your memory but that was to keep you in line. Maybe So Mun didn't kill you, but he doesn't deserve your trust. None of those Counters do." Park Hyuk exclaimed, arms crossed.

"Maybe not, but neither do you. How do I know that you didn't mess with all my memories? How do I know that the reason I'm like this isn't because of you?" She questioned.

"It doesn't matter really. At the end of the day, our fates are intertwined. And I have control over you. Don't think I will refrain any longer." He warned her.

She walked up closer to him and leaned forward to whisper a threat.

"How much control do you really have? I guarantee that's why you haven't been using your powers to make me bend to your will. You're pathetic and weak." She whispered harshly.