entrapped

It was after her shift, and she was walking back to the motel.

She found herself down a sketchy street, one she hadn't walked down before.

Or at least she doesn't think she's walked down before.

Suddenly she stopped in front of a building.

It was a noodle shop.

The atmosphere seemed warm, inviting, and smelled absolutely delicious.

She had no idea why out of all the stores and restaurants in Jungjin, she found herself stopping here.

She had the urge to go inside.

Was this the place from her memory? That would be the only explanation for why she felt this pull in her chest.

Suddenly, she felt an uneasy feeling in her gut.

Someone was following her.

Most of the time, she wouldn't worry because she could easily take someone on by herself, but this presence sent a chill down her spine.

She tried to keep a regular walking pace, but the person was still following her.

She was pretty fast, so she thought maybe outrunning them was her best bet.

In an instant, she was sprinting as fast as she could.

The person was running after her.

They seemed to be catching up to her, so she had to come up with another plan.

A surprise attack.

She ran into a dark alley and pushed herself flat against the wall.

The person ran into the alley, and she snuck up behind them.

She tripped the person and used her arms to twist the person to the ground.

Her hands were tightly holding the person in place making it impossible for them to move.

The person just let out a dark laugh.

"Not bad, Do Hana." An unfamiliar voice said.

"Who are you?" She spat out, malice in her voice.

"I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out." He laughed louder, making her tighten her grip.

The man winced, before letting out a slight hiss.

"I'm Ri Jiwoo and I work with Mr. Park. I've been watching you." He exclaimed harshly.

"Not creepy in the slightest." She muttered sarcastically.

"You want to know what I've learned? That you're weak. You've had ample opportunities to kill the Counters, but you haven't. All you've been is a hassle and you have nothing to offer us." He stated, anger coating his words.

So, he was jealous? He wanted to be Mr. Park's favorite.

She gripped him tighter and opened her mouth to explain why he shouldn't kill her, but he sent her flying hard into the wall.

Her head was throbbing, and she could barely hold herself up.

He stared at her with disgust on his face.

"Wait." She exclaimed, but Jiwoo used his telekinesis to choke her.

Right before he could squeeze, she used her remaining strength to punch his throat.

Jiwoo let out a rough coughing sound, giving her enough time to kick him away.

She started to run away, trying to make it back to the motel.