invisible

"What are you doing, So Mun?" Motak asked while drinking his water.

Motak and him have been training together ever since he first became a Counter.

Once the stakes rose and they had to learn telekinesis, Motak and him trained much more frequently.

"What do you mean, Ahjussi?" So Mun asked, leaning his head back against the wall.

"I mean, with Hana. I know she works at that coffee shop, and you've been going to see her." He replies, a frown on his face.

"How'd you find out?" So Mun asked, turning to face Motak.

"First of all, I know you. So, hiding things from me is pointless. Second, I'm a detective. Those habits don't just go away outside of my job. I was walking back, and I noticed you both talking." Motak explained.

He let out a sigh, before looking down.

"I don't know. All I know is that she's still in there somewhere. I can't kill her. I won't do it." He stated, eyes shut in exhaustion.

"This is not just on you, So Mun. We'll figure it out. Ms. Chu's been asking Su-ho to keep looking into it. You won't have to kill her, I swear." Motak said, patting him on the shoulder gently.

"Even if you get the evil spirit out of her, she still believes she is one. She's been brainwashed, Ahjussi. There's no way she'd ever come back home willingly." He whispered, muscles loose.

As much as he knows she's still in there somewhere, he also knows she's different now.

They were different now.

He could feel it in her intense gaze yesterday.

Something that seemed to burn him from within.

She'd taken pleasure in proving her point by slicing his jaw with her knife.

A barely there mark, but one that seemed to signify something else.

Would she ever stop? Would he ever get the Hana he once knew?

He wasn't sure and that terrified him.

Hana had always been one to sacrifice herself over others. It didn't have to be family or someone important to her.

She was willing to die for others to live.

But now it seemed like the opposite.

Willing to fight, surrender, kill, hurt, just to stay alive.

He knows it's because she feels alone. That Park Hyuk made her believe she's always been alone.

That she was invisible. Unwanted, unloved, and unwilling.

But as much as he wishes he could make her believe otherwise, he knows it wouldn't work.

She hated him.

And, well, he definitely didn't hate her.

But he'd pretend.

To make her comfortable, and to maybe make her feel less alone.

So, she could finally find a person who wasn't filled with fear of her or indifference.

But to finally see someone who could match her passion.

Match her fiery spirit.

After all, he'd been doing it for years.

Maybe this would be what she needed to finally know.

She wasn't alone. She wasn't invisible.

She was everything.

Motak opened his mouth to say something else. Another warm statement that made him feel bad for making them worry so much.