Spy for a Spy and Spellbound

The Kabuki were serving the fighters food. Everyone sitting in a half circle facing Chen, who was eating some sort of weird food,

"Try the horned wasp eggs. Delicious!" Chen offered to Lloyd

"Uh, I think I'll pass."

"Oh, lighten up, Green Ninja. This isn't a trick. This is a feast to celebrate the eight of you making it to the second round." Chen declared as his Kabuki laugh. "And I must congratulate the Master of Shadow's defeat over Master of Poison. She was a bit hard to swallow, am I right?":The Kabuki laugh. "Laugh harder! Hahahaha" They force a harder laugh.

"You can relax, Lloyd. Even if there was a fight, now that we told the others about Chen's dirty plot to steal our Powers, we're safe in our secret alliance." Kai said calmly with a smirk.

"I tried to enlist Shadow, but that dude's throwing some serious shade." Griffin said

"Well, if you plan to stop Chen, you'll need everyone on board. Each fighter that loses gives him strength. Soon he'll be too powerful for even all of you combined to overcome." Garmadon imparts as a Kabuki retrieves the fortune cookies. Cinder just listens to the conversation as he ate the food he was given. He was unhappy with the other Elemental Masters not listening to them. He was wary of them, with his draconian instincts yelling at him to flee and get away from the danger, but he knew that they'll see that they weren't lying. He ignored the two men whispering, thinking he wasn't listening, but was listening with his enhanced hearing. Cinder watched as Chen stood up while his Kabuki bring them fortune cookies to the Masters.

"It has come to my attention that there are rumors floating about that I am stealing everyone's power. I am." Chen announced making the Masters gasps. "But it's all for this staff." He claps, and the Kabuki waves their hand fans. "No, no. Not you, staff. I mean my real staff." Everyone gasps as the staff is brought to him. "The Staff of Elements. It holds the power of your fallen foes, and soon it'll hold all but one. For the last standing in my tournament will win this prize and be the greatest fighter ever in the history in Ninjago!"

Everyone whispers

"You lied. What about the spell?" Lloyd demanded angrily

"Spell? What spell?" Clouse said sweetly but Cinder could feel the deflect from him.

"Don't believe him, it's just another trick. Neuro read Clouse's mind and saw it. Tell them what you saw, Neuro." Lloyd said as the Master of Mind tried to look into his mind.

"He's going to block him out." Cinder thought grimly

"I—I don't remember. Truthfully, I'm a bit more interested in knowing more about that staff." Neuro said worried

"And why should we be so quick to believe everything you say? How do we know you're not lying to get the staff for yourself?" Griffin questioned suspicions and the others mumbled and stared at the ninja with contempt.

"So much for the alliance." Garmadon muttered

"They believe him over us?" Lloyd questioned

Cinder just looked away from them and watch as Chen's Kabuki danced with their fans. But he then noticed one of them looking at him intensely. Then he noticed a familiar device on the Kabuki's wrist, he knew who it is: Nya.