The Surge and Art of the Silent Fist

Cinder watched from a window as students were running through the courtyard having recess, sitting in the teachers break room.  Following the battle with the Overlord, the ninja are now teachers at Wu's Academy—which has replaced Darkley's School for Bad Boys—training a new generation of ninja. Cinder should be in school himself but with help from his brother and the others he was homeschooled and kept up with his grade group, even with all the shenanigans he went through. He has passed with flying colors to moved on.

Unfortunately the ninja (Kai, Cole, Jay, and Zane) have lost their powers after the battle. Lloyd, having the powers of the First Spinjitzu Master, was flying around Ninjago getting rewards. Cinder was also given the same treatment but declined, stating he didn't need these rewards. Fortunately Ultra stayed with the purple dragonet and the others, instead of Lloyd, to teach him more control of his elements. Many people have seen the power he weld as Aether arched over his body when he was standing still with the others for a photo.

Everyone in Ninjago celebrated the ninja, particularly Lloyd, for saving the world. This event also caused Cinder's identity being revealed to the civilians as him, Cole, and his dad were having a family hug and a cameraman caught it. After that people were coming up and appraising him of helping protect Ninjago. His former classmates and teachers were shocked of this revelation and ask his dad about him. His dad told the truth of his childhood and some were shocked but some were shameful of bullying him. His friends congratulated him on saving the world. Martin and Zack were amazed by the power he wield and Dawn and Virginia hugged him for being a great friend.

He was brought out of his thoughts as the other ninja came in, looking weary from their classes. Jay was going through the fridge for his lunch and sighs, annoyed.

"All right! Who took my pudding cup? My name was clearly written on it." He said irritated

"I didn't see "Motor Mouth" on it." Cole said with the cup in hand eating it. Cinder looked at his brother with a look and Cole shrugged nonchalantly.

"I'm telling the headmaster." Jay said

"Leave me out of it. I'm on break, too." Wu spoke. Cinder didn't notice how the elderly teacher got there without him noticing

"Relax, Jay, you can have mine." Kai said as he threw his cup of pudding to the ginger-head, who caught it.

"But this isn't cold." Jay whined with disappointment. Cinder warbles in sympathy for the blue ninja and walks over, crouch, and breathe ice on it. Jay smiled happily and starts talking while eating his pudding. "Mm. Is anyone else chapped that Lloyd gets to be the Golden Ninja and fly around accepting awards while we're stuck here being teachers with no powers?" (Sighs) "I miss our elemental weapons."

"Hmph, at least I'm not doing the same thing as Lloyd is doing. I'm trying to carry on with life, especially with schoolwork. At least I'm not boasting about still having my elemental breaths." Cinder said with a huff but smiles. "I want to be humble with my achievements and not get a huge ego. I feel sad that you guys don't have your powers because of this. But at least you guys can work more on your physical skills than relying on your powers all the time."

Everyone nodded in agreement to tne purple dragonet's words and continued eating their food.

"Why is that when I teach, I get the feeling that none of the boys are listening?" Nya said annoyed as she came into tne break room.