Chapter 25: Shoes And Shootouts

Start from the beginning

He finished his shower got out. He stood in the mirror and stared at himself. He couldn't see why his life was so bad. He sighed and brushed his teeth before walking back into the room with a towel around his waist.

He looked at Melissa. She was already asleep in the bed. He chuckled because you could hear her snoring. He walked over to his dresser and looked for his underclothes. He reached in the drawer and felt something cold and metal. He picked it up and remembered something. It was the same gun he used to almost kill himself.

He picked it up and inspected it. He didn't feel as weak as he did before with the gun in his hand. He played with the trigger.With one simple pull of the trigger anyone could be gone. No more problems of this cruel world. He knew what he had to do...

He looked in the other drawers for his bullets. He loaded his gun and started laughing. Finally, he could erase all of his problems. The gun shook in his hand from all of the adrenaline running through his body. He sat the gun back in the drawer.

★★★★★

[Athena's POV,the next day...]

We all decided to do another double date. It was so much fun when we all got together. Candy and Sean came to my house around 1:30 and we played video games until Marcus pulled up in his Benz.

We walked outside and I looked at his car. I shook my head. "Do you always have to come down this street like a rich boy?"

"Yeah. You know I love showin' off." Marcus said cockily back.

We all got in the car. I sat in the front with Marcus while Candy and Sean were in the back seat. Marcus had the car radio connected to his phone and he was listening to some very loud rap music.

He started driving. The beats from the music were so hard that I felt my chest vibrating. I waited until I couldn't take it anymore and picked his phone up and changed it to something I liked.

Marcus and Sean smacked they lips. I turned on Omarion's Post To Be. Melissa and I sung it to the tops of our lungs. Then came on Boys II Men's I'll Make Love To You. Even the boys started singing this one. Marcus seemed more into it than anyone else. He was trying so hard to sound just like the singers.

We pulled up to the mall. I grabbed my debit card and got out of the car. Sean and Marcus walked up ahead of us talking about basketball, completely blocking us out. When we finally caught up to them we were inside of the mall.

Marcus looked around the mall for a few seconds. "So I don't feel like walking with y'all in all them stores so here-"

He handed me his black card. I looked T him confused. "What am I doing with this?"

He chuckled. "Buy what chu want. I don't care. You know money ain't nothing to me."

"You know I don't like spending people's money. "