Chapter 11 : Dr Phoenix

The sleek car sliced through the city streets, its interior was a study in concentration and silent communication.

Mihawk, ever the composed and focused individual, was behind the wheel, his eyes scanning the road ahead with practiced ease.

Beside him, you were engrossed in the thick stack of papers that comprised Mihawk's detailed report on Marshall D. Teach, also known as Blackbeard.

The document was a compilation of gathered intelligence, sightings, and known associates, meticulously put together over weeks of surveillance and investigation.

The atmosphere in the car was charged with a quiet intensity, the only sound being the soft rustle of pages as you turned them, absorbing every word, every implication.

Mihawk stole occasional glances your way, gauging your reaction to the information laid bare before you.

Your expression was unreadable, a mask of focus and determination that gave nothing away.

"I've highlighted the sections that detail his last known locations and his interactions with known underworld figures," Mihawk broke the silence, his voice low and even.

"There are patterns in his movements that suggest he's searching for something...or someone."

You nodded, barely looking up from the report.

"His ambition definitely knows no bounds," you murmured, more to yourself than to Mihawk.

"Is he a potential threat?"

"At this stage, he doesn't appear to be an immediate danger. However, during the mission to rescue Ace, I encountered an anomaly."

"And what was it?"

"He seems to have had some kind of technology to block out communication at his safe house. I could barely be in reached with the pink flamingo throughout my mission."

"Is that so," you said, turning to face him fully for the first time since the journey began, " Then it begs the question: How does someone employed in a modest-paying job manage to access such sophisticated technology."

Mihawk corrected gently, emphasizing a more crucial aspect of the situation, "You're asking the wrong question, Mi Amor."

Realization dawned upon you, " You're right Mi Ceilito, who could he possibly be associated with to acquire such advanced technological aid?"

" Well I guess for now, we don't have to worry but just in case.. Can you deploy some hunters to shadow Ace?" you inquired, seeking to mitigate any potential threats.

Mihawk gave you a brief glance before nodding in agreement, "Do you suspect Blackbeard has his sights set on Ace?"

You responded with a heavy sigh, " I highly doubt so, but knowing Ace, he might go and chase him again."

"And what of the report?"

"Those should be forwarded to Mr. Whitebeard, along with the bullets. Since this situation falls outside our usual, it's best we refrain from intervening too deeply. I trust Ace will exercise more caution once I've had a chance to discuss the matter with him," you concluded.

Mihawk skillfully maneuvered the vehicle into the parking lot of the shopping center, finding a spot to park.

As Mihawk and you exited the car, the transition from strategizing over grave matters to a seemingly ordinary activity like grocery shopping felt almost surreal.