Chapter 12 - I love you, mi amor.

Gabriela Senna's POV:

"Yeah, Carlos. I think this pretty much sums up what I went through when I was a foolish teenager, convinced I was in love with a man who clearly didn't care about me. My 20-year-old self is probably still mad at me for falling for Dominic's charm."

"Gabi, I don't know what to say. I am so sorry that you had to go through all of this for falling in love with Dominic."

"Carlos, you're the first person I've opened up to about everything that happened with Dominic. I'm grateful to have you. And I'm so glad you asked me to be your girlfriend in Barcelona. I love you and care about you deeply."

"Gabi, I really like listening to you and being there for you. I love you, mi amor."

"I'm so thankful that after four years, we found our way back to each other."

"Yeah, me too"

"It's getting late; we should get some sleep."

I slept really well, knowing that Carlos' hands were wrapped around me.

21st of May 2019:

"What are your plans for today?" Carlos asked, pouring himself a cup of filtered coffee from the machine.

"Lawrence messaged me that he planned a family day for Lance and me. I'm really curious about what he arranged."

"I'm sure it will be something fun," Carlos replied.

"I hope so. What's up with you? What do you have on your schedule today?"

"I need to meet up with Lando. We have to shoot some content for our sponsors."

"If you want, he can come over. I mean... You can shoot your content here. We have a great terrace. When I come back, we can do something together."

"Oh, actually, Lando would like being here. Seeing all the helmets and such... And the terrace is huge, so our PR team can also come over and help us shoot the content?"

"Of course, plus it will be more comfortable to shoot at home"

"You're definitely right. Then, I'll call Lando and inform our PR team."

Carlos made a few calls while I got ready. As I walked around the living room looking for my bag, I heard the doorbell ring. It was Lando.

"Hey, hey. How's our new couple doing?" Lando greeted us.

"We are fine, muppet," Carlos replied.

"We are good. How are you? I couldn't see you after the race," I said.

"Oh, I'm fine. I mean... it is a race. We are racing, so crashes are inevitable."

"Yeah, you're right," I replied.

"So, muppet, did you like it here?" Carlos asked, pointing to my father's helmets.

"Oh my god. Look at these babies. Gabriela, I'm really happy that you guys invited me over. Honestly, this means a lot to me. Thank you."