Chapter 16 - My dad and he won 8 times.

Gabriela Senna's POV:

As soon as I arrived home, I dialed Lily's number, a desperate need for her comforting presence tugging at my heart.

"Hey, girl, what's up?" Lily's cheerful voice greeted me, instantly easing some of the tension coiled within me.

"Hey, I really need to talk," I blurted out, the words tumbling out in a rush.

"Of course, what's going on?" Lily's tone shifted, her concern palpable even through the phone.

"Girl, your ribbons look cute," Lily remarked, catching me off guard with her observation.

"What? How do you know about that?" I asked, my surprise evident.

"Your photos are already making the rounds on the news, and I caught your little interview. You're just too cute," Lily explained, her words drawing a surprised chuckle from me.

"Wait, which photo?" I pressed, curious about what had been circulating online.

"Don't worry, I'm sending it to you right now," Lily assured me, her efficiency in these matters never ceasing to amaze me.

"Oh, it's a good photo," I replied, nodding in agreement as Lily complimented the image.

"Yeah, you look good," she confirmed, her enthusiasm palpable even through the phone.

"We shot a video for the McLaren YouTube channel," I informed her, still marveling at the unexpected turn of events.

"What? You're already becoming an influencer. Wait, I forgot that you already have one and a half million followers on Instagram," Lily exclaimed, her excitement evident.

"Yeah, and I still don't understand. I don't post anything interesting. Just some photos of me, my friends, my family, and some architectural stuff," I admitted with a chuckle.

"People like you. People's princess," Lily teased, causing us both to giggle.

"Oh my god, shut up," I playfully retorted, enjoying our banter.

"What's up in Monaco? You alright?" Lily's tone shifted to concern, drawing my attention back to the reason for my call.

"I was until my conversation with Lewis," I confessed, the memory still fresh in my mind.

"What? You had a talk with him? Wait! I need to turn this into a FaceTime because I need to see your facial expressions. Let's see if I was right about my hypothesis about his love for you," Lily declared, her curiosity piqued.

We quickly ended the call and switched to FaceTime, eager to continue our conversation with the added benefit of visual cues.

"So, tell me all about it," Lily prompted, her eyes focused intently on the screen.

I recounted the entire conversation with Lewis, from start to finish, while Lily listened attentively, her expressions shifting in response to my words.