Chapter 2 - Just don't stop believing in yourself

12th of May 2019

Gabriela Senna's POV:

The morning sun cast a golden glow over Barcelona as I stepped out onto the balcony of my apartment. It was race day, and the air was buzzing with anticipation. I couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement coursing through my veins as I took in the breathtaking view of the city waking up below.

After a refreshing shower, I slipped into one of my mother's old dresses. The fabric felt soft against my skin, carrying with it memories of past Monaco Grand Prix races and the timeless elegance of my parents' era. It was a fitting choice for the occasion, a nod to the rich history and glamour of Formula 1.

I headed straight for the paddock, eager not to miss a moment. It was Mick's rookie season in F2, and I knew he must be brimming with excitement. So, I needed to be there for him. I haven't been to his previous races because of work. However, Mick deserved my support.

As I approached the turnstile, a familiar voice called out, breaking my train of thought.

"Hey, Gab! Good Morning."

I turned to see Lando hurrying over to join me.

"Good morning, Lando! How you doin'?"

"I'm starving. Are you hungry?" he asked.

"Yes, I didn't have breakfast to come to the paddock as soon as possible," I admitted with a chuckle.

"Don't worry, McLaren hospitality has the best food. But why the early start today?" Lando inquired.

"It's for Mick," I explained.

"Mick Schumacher?" Lando's eyes widened in surprise.

"Yeah, I haven't been able to attend his previous races in F2, but I'm here now to show my support," I said.

"You're friends?"

"Yeah, actually Micheal Schumacher is my godfather."

"Wait, Michael Schumacher is your godfather?" Lando exclaimed, clearly taken aback.

"He was really close with my dad. He saw him as a big bro. Always asked for advice and such. So, he was always invited to our house for dinner with his wife. After my dad passed away, Micheal and Corinna would come to our house in Brazil whenever they had time. Their daughter is also my best friend. I was really excited when Corinna announced that they were expecting a baby girl. I was excited as if I had a baby sister. Then, Mick. He is my little bro."

"Wow, I didn't know any of these. They are not written on magazine pages."

"Yeah, my grandpa made a massive effort to keep me and our family's life private back at the day."