Chapter 1 - She's in the paddock, mate

11th of May 2019

Carlos Sainz's POV:

"Ayrton Senna's daughter is coming to the GP this weekend," exclaimed Lando with excitement.

"Why do you make it sound like such a big deal? She can attend any GP she wants, right?" I replied.

"Of course, she can. She is the daughter of the legend but she has not stepped foot in an F1 race since the 2012 Brazilian GP. But now she's in the paddock, mate" Lando explained.

"Oh, it's interesting that Brazil was the last race. Why is that?" I asked but this time I was enthusiastic.

"Because it was his cousin's last race in F1," he answered.

"Oh! Yes, it was Bruno's last race." I said cluelessly.

"Yeah. He raced in the FIA World Endurance Championship after leaving F1." Lando informed me.

"I suppose that's a logical step after F1. I'd like to try my hand at Le Mans someday. Just to experience it," I mused aloud.

"Yeah, mate. It's a crazy event. I'd love to give it a shot after my F1 career," Lando agreed enthusiastically.

We headed to the garage as the practice session was about to begin. Despite our efforts, we landed in the midfield during all three practice sessions. My qualifying position was P13, far from ideal for my home race. I wanted to be in the first 10 at least to score some points here.

After the quali we returned to the motorhome. I took a quick shower and emerged to find my parents engaged in conversation with a stunningly beautiful woman. Lando followed me, and I could see the excitement in his eyes.

"This is Senna's daughter," he whispered.

"I know my muppet friend, I met her when Ana was studying in Barcelona. They are friends" I said.

"What? Why didn't you say this earlier?" Lando exclaimed, clearly surprised.

"I guess it slipped my mind," I muttered sheepishly."Anyways, I need to meet her." Lando replied.

"Hey, I'm Lando Norris," he introduced himself eagerly.

"Hi, I'm Gabriela but please call me Gab." she responded warmly.

"Oh, you have the English accent?" Lando was taken aback.

"Yeah, I grew up in London and went to university there." She explained.

I was captivated by her presence, momentarily forgetting to greet her. However, she recognized me and initiated the conversation.

"Hello, Carlos. How you doing?" she greeted me with a gentle smile.

"Hi, good good. How are you" I replied, feeling a surge of nervousness.

"It's alright."

"Do you still live in Barcelona?"

"Yes, actually that's why I came here."

"Oh, really"

"Yeah, I mean McLaren has been inviting me for quite some time now. I decided to give it a chance."

"Good decision because now I got to see you again." I blurted out, immediately regretting my forwardness.

Oh my god, what was I saying? Actually, I was telling the truth. I liked her when I first saw her but I didn't make a move. Because it was my first rookie season in F1 and I just wanted to concentrate on F1. However, then I met Isa and liked her and gave her a chance. Anyways, now here I am regretting every choice I made because I have a girlfriend who doesn't even show up to my home race.