The Author

You still found yourself seated in a luxurious limo, making your way towards nowhere, it felt like you had been circling the streets for a while.

He was waiting for you to say the destination and you weren't going to.

The soft leather seat hugged your body, the heat keeping you warm, and the gentle hum of the engine should have created a peaceful atmosphere.

But, this was a kidnapping and the comfortable surroundings were never going to be comfortable. Including, the feeling of unease that had been gnawing at you since you got thrown into the limo.

Aides, on the other hand, seemed completely at ease as he sipped on a glass of champagne and chatted with the driver.

It was hard to relax when your mind was consumed with worry. He would try over and over until he got something out of you, you just had to deny and lie the whole time.

You looked back over to Aides to see he was staring right at you, you quickly averted your eyes to the window.

"Want a drink?" Aides asked, reaching over to the bar area.

You gave him a look and said, "I'm seventeen."

"Come on, just one drink won't hurt. You can trust me."

"I actually don't trust you, so no thanks," you stated with a fake smile.

Aides acknowledged that and nodded as he swirled his cup of champagne, the silence deafening as the two of you gave each other looks.

"How about some water? You must be thirsty."

"Ok, get to your point," you blurted out. "I don't want anything from you, and also I really don't know where Bakugo is. And even if I did, I wouldn't tell you."

"What happened between the two of you? I something just happened right now, your whole mood has changed," he teased with a small smile as he leaned closer.

You scooted yourself to the window, squishing against it uncomfortably. You repeated, "I'm telling you, I don't know where Bakugo is."

It may have not answered his question but it was keeping him away from Bakugo and that was good. You touched your cheekbone, your fingers tracing against the scratch. The bruises and cuts were a painful reminder of the merciless blows you endured.

You could feel the throbbing in your head from where you were punched, and your jaw was sore from being clenched shut. You couldn't even imagine the damage that was done to your internal organs.

You were a mess, a broken and battered body that could barely function. The sting of your cheekbone brought you back to reality.

Aides noticed this and tried to pass you a cloth with ice but you slapped it away, still wanting nothing from him. If he does a favor for you then he wants one back, it was better to stay quiet. "So have you guys kissed or something?"

Your eyes widened in surprise, your eyes shot over to him, "what? No," you replied, you could feel your face getting hotter.

"Oh, so that's it," he smirked.

"No, I was just helping him get to an auth-" you cut yourself off, stopping what you were about to finish. He had you, he totally had you with one question and you fell into it.

"An author? And where were you meeting this author?"

You could feel your heart beating faster, as if it wanted to jump out of your chest. Your foot began to tap uncontrollably, showing your nervousness. You instantly put your hands onto your thighs and pressed your legs down, stopping the habit. You felt so stupid that you just gave Bakugo off.