The Man

The boards creaked as the mysterious stranger tried to walk into the shop, and soon the sound of footsteps was heard clearer, as if it was approaching the counter.

You tried to push all the journals back in the chest, trying not to reveal what you had been doing there. However, before you could even finish you felt Bakugo's hand on your arm, pulling you in his direction.

Bakugo's grip on your arm tightened as he pushed you under the cash register counter, leaving the chest you both had been inspecting out in the open.

"The chest," you harshly whispered to him but he shut you up.

"Shh, someone's coming," he whispered, his voice not even trembling slightly.

You held your breath as you heard the beaded door make its noise. The two of you waited for the while, hearing loud crashes and thuds of things come from what once was Bondye's office. 

Your heart pounded in your chest as the person made their way towards the counter, their steps slow and deliberate.

Bakugo's hand clamped over your mouth, silencing the gasp that threatened to escape from you.

Suddenly, the man stopped in front of the cash register and seemed to looked around, their eyes scanning the shop.

You could see they wore big boots, and a long black cape that swept the floor as they walked. You pressed your head against the hard wood of the counter, holding your breath as you hoped the man wouldn't find you and Bakugo.

Your heart raced as you waited for him to leave, but instead, he moved closer to the counter, standing there for a moment. You knew he had seen what you left out. You could feel Bakugo's body tense beside you, ready to pounce at any moment.

The man kicked the chest and it tilted over before it fell, some of the journals falling out. The man bent down toward the books, his hand reaching out and slightly touching one before he stopped.

You pushed your legs toward you, squeezing them as close as you could while taking a hold of Bakugo's hand that was on your mouth. You had to be caught. You had to be.

The man stood there for another moment, each second in deafening silence made you want to pass out even more than the last second. Until finally, the man's boots began to walk away, soon disappearing into the shop.

Your body suddenly relaxed, knowing you weren't in danger anymore.

Unexpectedly, there was a loud and deafening bang that echoed through the shop, maybe even the city. The sound of the gunshot reverberated through the shop, causing panic and chaos to erupt inside you.

It was just the sound of a gunshot that had sent shivers down your spine and maybe of everyone who heard it.

You looked over to Bakugo and you could see the fear in his eyes, there were no quirks to help you both anymore.

"Get out from under there," a voice said. Another sound of a gun filled the shop, this time it was the gun being cocked.

Your heart skipped a beat as your eyes turned to see who it was, even if you couldn't see the person.

"Don't make me say it again, I'm done with running after you two little punks, get out."

You looked over to Bakugo with wide eyes. You were willing to follow Bakugo's decision, after all he was the hero here, he should've been able to make the decision in a split second.

Bakugo nodded, agreeing to the voice.

You wished you hadn't been willing.

Bakugo crawled out from under the counter, standing up first and reaching a hand under for you.