Mainstay meeting

"Hon, are you okay?" Your neighbor shouted from their side of the fence, you looked back and forth from your room to the neighbor, you hoped they wouldn't stare at the big hole on the side of the house.

You waved at the neighbor, it was Mrs. Richfield, besides the other savage old ladies she was one of the nicest old ladies you knew.  "Yeah, I'm alright, just a little bit too much adrenaline after my laps," you said with a chuckle.

Mrs. Richfield gave a little chuckle and with a nod, she picked up her small dog, walking away from the bordering fence.

There was a scoff to be heard from your side, your eyes darted to the direction of where the scoff came from and there he was. It was Bakugo. He laid beside you on the ground, he was the one who saved you.

A small smirk grew on your face as you saw him lying there, you never doubted he would save you.

He took off his mask and sat up, glaring at you, "Wipe that damn smirk off of your face, Uso-tsuki." 

"Hey. I'm not a liar, I do run," you stated as you wiped your pants, the wet greenness still plastered onto your knees. You frowned at the thought of your favorite pants being ruined from the grass.

You looked to Bakugo and said, "Scratch that, I'm just really good at it, when you have strict parents you get good at doing sneaky things, like lying."

He looked at you with face combined with confusion and surprise, you copied his look to try to show how stupid his look was.

"This is how stupid you look", you said as you burrowed your eyebrows.

He rolled his eyes at the comment you made and with a rude tone asked,  "You know Japanese?"      

"Yeah, y'know I told myself I'd never learn a language without actual letters from the alphabet but I was motivated by someone to learn it. It just felt like I had to, plus in case if I ever was going to go to Japan," you replied as you dug into the snow.

"You know something that would be good for you? Shutting that damn mouth," Bakugo said as he stood up, he groaned as he did.

You looked at the spot that he was just sitting on, your eyes widened in surprise as spots of blood were left on the snow. You tried to ignore it, after all it was just a few spots. He was a hero also, he was bound to get hurt. 

"Yup, duly noted," you said as you zipped your mouth closed with your hand, but you couldn't help but stare. You never knew someone could bleed so much and act like it was nothing, it made you shudder at the thought.

You were snapped out of your thoughts when he said, "So this is what you were tryna tell me, huh?" 

You looked up at him in confusion, he was looking up so you copied. You never really took in the time of wintertime but as you did it felt different.

The trees stood tall and proud, their bare branches reaching upwards, adorned with delicate icicles. The sun had long since set, casting a deep blue hue over the landscape, as the winter night settled in. A small smile grew on your face as you took everything in, wintertime isn't as bad as they say it is. 

You looked at Bakugo with wide eyes as you found out he was just staring at you, the two of you just stared at each other in silence until Bakugo clapped his hands together and started to walk away, leaving you on the ground.

"Hey, wait up!" You yelled as you quickly gathered yourself and followed him.

"Don't need ya," he simply stated, leaving you in confusion.