Bye

The atmosphere of the place totally switched when the man was no where to be seen.

The abandoned shop wasn't a dark and eerie place to you before, but now you were seeing it in a new light. With broken windows, peeling paint, and shelves that once held merchandise were now empty and covered in dust.

The only sound that could be heard was the sound of your own breathing and footsteps behind you...footsteps. Behind you.

Without hesitation you quickly turned around, facing the sound that you had just heard. You also put your hands up instinctively, protecting yourself from the danger to come.

"Woah," the person said, grabbing your wrists and holding them tight.

You finally took a better look at the person, the blonde hair and red eyes. It was just Bakugo. No one was trying to hurt you. No one was following you...

...anymore.

Bakugo pushed your hands away from himself, telling you, "stop being so damn tense, Uso-tsuki."

You gulped down your fear and nodded, letting out an awkward chuckle with a sheepish smile. "Got it," you replied as you shot finger guns at him.

He rolled his eyes at you and scoffed, slapping your finger guns away from his face. "You done yet?" Bakugo spat, clearly annoyed.

You nodded again, "yup," you slowly raised your finger guns up again.

Bakugo gave you a glare from the side of his eye and ignored your actions. Instead walking over the knocked-down door flawlessly and leaving you behind.

You followed him in suit, slipping over the door like the most clumsiest person in the world. Maybe it was your shoes, your stupid, cheap Walmart shoes.

The craziest thing was that the 'stupid, cheap Walmart shoes' were something you could barely afford.

You were snapped out of your thoughts by Bakugo's voice. "Are you fucking done dancing on the damn door?"

You looked over to Bakugo, who arms were crossed over his chest and side-eyeing you as he waited.

You made the same sheepish smile as you did before, "no, I have to do my outro dance," you sarcastically replied. You started to badly dance but stopped soon when you almost slipped forward.

You looked over to Bakugo to see he wasn't even staring at you, it looked like he was deep in thought or maybe just in lala land.

"Hey," you called out, snapping your fingers at him.

He blinked back to life, staring back at you with an emotionless look. You couldn't help but grin at him, he must've been exhausted not getting enough sleep last night.

You didn't think about it anymore than that and reached your arms out toward Bakugo, hoping for help.

Bakugo scoffed again at you, warning, "I'm not helping you anymore for shit, do things yourself or stay."

"But Katsuki-"

"It's Great Explosion Murder God Dynamite," he responded almost instantly, his tone demanding and rude.

You stared at him for a moment as he looked away, for a second you saw something, his features softened for a second. 

"Shit," Bakugo muttered under his breath before he turned. "Thanks for your help or whatever, but I don't need you anymore. I'm fine on my own," he stated before he walked away.

You stood there for a second, the sentence hitting you like an emotional wave. You had never seen Bakugo back away from anything before and that's what he was doing, he was backing off.

He had just told you that you both had to go your separate ways, like you were a guide he didn't need anymore. He was just going to end it like that, like you were nothing but a dead link, to not be used and thrown to the side like dirt.

It couldn't end like this, he still had so far to go. You still had so far to help him. But you knew you just had seen pain in his eyes and for some reason, you knew exactly what he was thinking. He was right about it too.

You clenched your jaw, holding back tears for no reason. Why were you acting like this? He walked away every single time and you always followed again, yet he never argued about it, this wasn't any different.

No. This time was different.

You could see he was serious, he wanted to be alone, be left lonely. You couldn't even help admire his independence even when he left you in the shady parts of the city. His damn pride was getting the better of him. He prided himself on his strength and ability to handle any situation on his own. He didn't want to rely on anyone, and you knew he was trying to push you away.

You clenched your hands into fists from anger, if he wanted to be alone then he could be alone. It didn't matter what happened to him, if his strength was all he could rely on then it was fine. After all, he didn't have a quirk to depend on anymore, just like any normal person.

You felt a pang of regret what you had just thought, you did care what happened to Bakugo. However, that wasn't a big reason to walk after him or call out, but you wanted to do so badly, despite that he wanted to be left alone.

So you were going to listen to his wishes.