24 | Badmon Leon

𝓒HAPTER TWENTY-FOUR.

In The Quiet Of Our Pain, We Made A Solemn Oath, A Promise Born From Anguish: 'For Every Tear We Shed, We'll Make Them Pay In Kind.' And So, With That First Blow, Our Battle Began.

- 𝒥uan Collins

𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐈 | VOLUME ONE

BADMON LEON.
[ HARLEM, NY ]

As the sun gradually descended, marking the onset of evening at precisely six o'clock, the sky took on a mesmerizing orange hue. Juan found himself captivated by the sight, taking a moment to reflect after leaving school. He opted for a walk, not just any stroll, but a journey to the park – a place where he and his parents had once spent cherished moments together. However, the park felt strangely deserted today. In times past, it had been bustling with families and their pets. Seating himself on a bench, Juan gazed at the horizon, absorbing the tranquil ambiance and allowing the gentle breeze to calm his thoughts, which were swirling with uncertainty. Juan longed for a sign from his parents, hoping for guidance towards the right path. While his family had always been devout believers in Christ, Juan struggled to connect with his faith on a personal level. "I pray that you can hear me."

Juan held a belief in Christ and acknowledged the existence of a higher power. However, when it came to personal matters, he found it difficult to express his thoughts and feelings to God. Nevertheless, on this day, he made an attempt to do so for the first time in years. He prayed earnestly for wisdom, guidance, a brighter future, and closure. Amidst the rush of thoughts in his mind, Juan couldn't shake the feeling that negativity followed him wherever he went, almost as if he were a harbinger of misfortune to others. Despite this, deep down, he yearned for others to see beyond his troubles and recognize the kind-hearted person he truly was, buried beneath layers of pain and hardship. Juan couldn't deny that he believed Jade made the right choice in ending their relationship. Not because he thought something was wrong with her, but because she was too perfect for him. They came from two different worlds, and it seemed like Juan was just inviting himself into deeper problems by being in the game.

He couldn't guarantee her safety or survival. Being involved in the game required making numerous sacrifices, and he was unwilling to sacrifice her. She meant too much to him, and he didn't believe their story was over yet. While their current chapter may have ended, he was confident that their relationship wasn't finished. He was determined to find his way back to her, but it would require patience. Right now, his focus was solely on the game, not on relationships. He needed to address pressing matters before pursuing anything significant. However, he was certain that he would reunite with Jade eventually because, deep down, she was still his priority. "Juan!" A distant woman's scream suddenly shattered his thoughts, prompting him to scan his surroundings. He looked left and right but saw no one, leaving him puzzled and furrowing his brow in confusion.