05 | Too Far In Too Far Gone

𝓒HAPTER FIVE.

Figure Out Who You Are, What You Stand For, And Stick To It. Take Some Time To Reflect On It And Then Make It Your Lifestyle.

- 𝒥uan Collins

𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐈 | VOLUME ONE

TOO FAR IN, TOO FAR GONE
[ HARLEM, NY ]

     1997. The only sound in the room was the ticking of the clock, with everything else being silent. Sitting comfortably in a sofa chair, Juan carefully scanned the surroundings of the office. He observed two sharply dressed Mexican men who had their glasses on and maintained a stern facial expression. They stood on opposite corners behind the office desk, with their attention focused on Juan. Meanwhile, BJ and Rico stood poised on opposite sides of the front door, eagerly awaiting the arrival of Sosa.

Following the phone conversation with Sosa in the afternoon, Juan was immediately invited to meet with him in his office to continue their discussion in person. Juan had already devised a plan for what he wanted to achieve, which was to become involved in the game with Sosa as his mentor. However, Juan had a few conditions that he needed to discuss with Sosa before agreeing to anything. Consequently, he agreed to meet with Sosa at the designated time and place. After a short wait, Sosa and Pedro arrived at the office. Sosa's face lit up with joy as he saw Juan sitting on the couch, having patiently waited for their arrival. Sosa was delighted that Juan had accepted his offer and couldn't contain the smile on his face. "Good to see you, once again." After releasing a deep breath, he proceeded to turn towards Rico and BJ, greeting them with a firm handshake. He then made his way towards his office chair, positioned himself in a way that allowed him to face Juan who was seated directly in front of him.

"I don't got time for no yappin and shit, so let me cut to the chase for you. I'm not taking no serious deal or offers, if it doesn't include Roscoe and Malik in some ways. We a team, and those are my brothers. Can't leave them behind and eat my own bread without sharing it." As soon as the second Sosa took his seat, Juan wasted no time in expressing his thoughts. He was determined to get what he wanted and would not settle for anything less. His mind was made up, and he was prepared to do whatever it takes to achieve his desired outcome. Sosa chuckled and then glanced at Pedro, who was standing with BJ and Rico near the front door, before turning his attention back to Juan. He had previously spoken with Pedro about Juan's independent nature and was pleased to see that Juan was already taking charge, confirming Sosa's belief that he was the right person for the job.

"I apologize if my actions have caused any misunderstandings. Your loyalty towards your companions is truly admirable and I hold great respect for it. My intention was never to disrupt your bond. I only wished for you to represent Harlem and lead it towards success. Your companions will undoubtedly rise with you as your trusted allies. However, at this moment, I am more focused on your potential as a promising leader of the next generation." Sosa spoke in a very composed and straightforward manner, and then he raised his head to signal Pedro to approach. He had a file in his hands, which he handed over to Sosa before taking a step back. Sosa proceeded to open the file, revealing a series of photographs depicting an unfamiliar man.