23 | Into The Unknown

𝓒HAPTER TWENTY-THREE.

Never Underestimate The Power Of Wise Counsel From Those Who Truly Care. Their Words May Hold The Key To Unlocking A Brighter Tomorrow.

- 𝒥uan Collins

𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐈 | VOLUME ONE

INTO THE UNKNOWN.
[ HARLEM, NY ]

Her nails tapped rhythmically against the bathroom's private sink as she absently traced her top front teeth with her tongue. Pausing, she tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear and met her own gaze in the mirror, seeking a distraction from the thoughts swirling in her mind. It had been almost a week, filled with significant changes. Angela had undergone a complete transformation, forsaking her bangs for sleek blonde highlights, imparting a timeless elegance to her appearance. Removing her nose ring subtly altered the contours of her face, amplifying the effect. A sense of difference had lingered within her for days, prompting not only a desire for new styles but also a change in her nail length to a shorter, more classic look. While she favored modest attire, she embraced her curves, hinting at her femininity. Her makeup, now skillfully applied with a sophisticated natural touch, further enhanced her allure. With every aspect exuding elegance, Angela had reached a new pinnacle of womanhood, drawing even more attention to herself.

In addition to her personal transformation, Angela received another piece of good news—she had been promoted to a top federal prosecutor. This promotion came after she reopened not only the Wayne case but also those involving the top kingpins, including Sosa and Sincere. As investigations delved deeper, attention turned to a new case involving Juan, who had been seen in the company of either Sincere or Sosa on multiple occasions. While they believed themselves to be cunning, Angela and her team meticulously gathered even the smallest details, knowing their potential. Angela's astute approach to her work often left her colleagues feeling secretly intimidated by her intellect. Amidst the professional developments, Angela found solace in reconciling with Wilson, who had apologized for his behavior over the past few days. Choosing to accept his apology, Angela aimed to restore normalcy and focus on the tasks at hand.

As Angela stood moments away from being interviewed alongside Wilson, Shawn, and Terrence, she questioned the legality of the situation. However, Terrence reassured her that occasional interviews were beneficial for their image, positioning them as a formidable force in the city and attracting positive attention. Their task was simple: discuss their roles, avoid divulging case details, and offer introductions. Angela found the magazine interview intriguing, a departure from her usual experiences. She believed nothing could go wrong until she heard a beep, abruptly reminded of the purpose behind her visit to the bathroom. Angela's gaze fell to the pregnancy test cradled in her hand, the results finally appearing. As she absorbed the reality of the two lines confirming her pregnancy, a gasp escaped her lips, her hand flying to cover her mouth in disbelief.