Chapter 4

Author's Pov:

After leaving the orphanage, Tae and Kookie found jobs in different places to afford food and a place to sleep, enduring mistreatment and shame. Despite their struggles, they held onto their trust in each other and eventually found happiness. 

At the age of 22, they were hired by an American-owned chemical company that made fertilizer. Even though they wore protective clothing, they realized that the chemical fumes from the fertilizer were causing health problems. Many workers wanted to quit, but the owners refused to let them go by creating fake contracts.

 Some employees who spoke out against the company disappeared and died under mysterious circumstances. Despite wanting to escape, Tae and Kookie were afraid to speak up against the unfair system, and worried about what might happen to them. 

Kookie, concerned for their safety, decided they should leave together, planning to do so the next day. When he went to the manager's office and told them they wanted to resign and not to come back. The manager then, with a cruel laugh, called his guards, beat Kookie until he couldn't move, and threatened to kill him.

Tae, who had been waiting anxiously outside the office, heard the commotion and rushed in, horrified by the sight before him

Tae, who had been waiting anxiously outside the office, heard the commotion and rushed in, horrified by the sight before him. He pleaded with the manager to spare Kookie's life, promising that they would leave and never speak of the company's atrocities again.

When Tae got home and saw Kookie's state, he started crying nonstop. In addition to having a swollen face and a fractured left hand, Kookie also had additional ailments.

Tae: Can you please just hear me out, Kookie? If it's in God's plan for us to perish like prisoners fighting for our lives in a chemical factory, then let it happen now

Tae: Can you please just hear me out, Kookie? If it's in God's plan for us to perish like prisoners fighting for our lives in a chemical factory, then let it happen now. I don't believe I can endure this life any longer. All I ever wanted was to gaze into your eyes and end my life that's all.

Kookie: Tae stop talking about death, I am still alive. You can rest assured that nothing will happen to you. We are going to get out of that hell. I am going to take you away from the evil factory. I'm going to murder that jerk. After saying this, Kookie got on his bike and departed furiously, leaving Tae alone. Tae makes an effort to stop, but it is unsuccessful. Tae began making phone calls to Kookie, but he did not respond until the 30th call when he did.

Tae: If you do not stop at your place I will kill myself. (After 5 mins of silence....) Kookie, tell me where you are. I want to see you.

Kookie: at Janghang Road.

Tae: Okay! In 10 minutes, I'll be there. (Tae hung up the call and took a taxi to reach Janghang)

The traffic light turned green, signaling for vehicles to proceed. Suddenly, a truck came out of nowhere and collided with Tae as he was crossing the road. The truck quickly disappeared. Tae was thrown into the air and crashed into the divider. At that moment, he saw Kookie rushing towards him and pulling him onto his lap, desperately calling out his name. Tae managed to gaze at Kookie one last time before taking his final breath. A crowd quickly gathered around them, with some people calling for an ambulance and others notifying the nearby police station.

 When the ambulance finally arrived at the accident scene, the doctor immediately checked Tae's pulse and attempted to revive him with electric shocks. Unfortunately, the efforts were in vain. The doctor sadly declared Tae's passing and his body was then taken to the mortuary.

 The doctor sadly declared Tae's passing and his body was then taken to the mortuary

After announcing the passing of my Tae because of a car crash, the police officer was unable to locate the culprit who was responsible for Tae's demise. (by saying this Jungkook closed his eyes)

Kali's Pov:

As I listened to his tragic past, my heart ached for him. The pain in his voice was raw and filled with sorrow as he recounted the tragic accident that took away his best friend Tae. I could feel the weight of his loss, the void that Tae's absence had left in his life. It must have been devastating for him to endure such a heartbreaking event. 

As he spoke, tears streamed down his face uncontrollably, each drop carrying the weight of his grief. It was as if his longing to see his friend again was so intense that it manifested physically, making his pain tangible and palpable.

Witnessing his anguish, I couldn't help but be moved by his sorrow. At that moment, I knew I couldn't bear to leave him stranded on the streets, alone with his sorrow. Something within me stirred, a mix of courage and compassion that pushed me to take action. 

I found the strength to offer him solace, to provide him with a safe space where he could heal and find some comfort. Bringing him to my apartment, I tended to his injuries, both physical and emotional. I gently cleaned his wounds, offering a soothing touch that conveyed my empathy and understanding.

 I gently cleaned his wounds, offering a soothing touch that conveyed my empathy and understanding