Chapter 17: Hands Up!

"Are these green marshmallows?" Rowena asked, lifting her hand to eye level

Cross nabbed the pair of earplugs from Rowena's palm and shoved them into his ears. "No, baby. They're earplugs."

To protect themselves from Josie's ability to mesmerize men with her voice, Liam, Matt, and Cross decided to wear earplugs. Jeremiah refused to wear them which explained why he was onstage giving Josie a lap dance.

"Who knew your human friend was that flexible," Matt commented, grimacing when Jeremiah did a split in front of Josie.

"That looks painful," Liam said.

"Jeremiah is very flexible but that's not what's important. I can't believe Matt carries around earplugs. That's not normal," Rowena said. "What else does he carry?"

"You don't want to know," Liam muttered.

"Yes, I do or I wouldn't have asked."

None of the wolves responded as they kept a close eye on Josie, Jeremiah, and Hector.

"How long will Jeremiah be enthralled by her?" Rowena asked Cross, lifting her chin to Josie. "We can't just stand here and do nothing. Jeremiah and Hector need our help. If anyone records this, Jeremiah will be humiliated." She lifted her phone to start recording Jeremiah.

"What?" Cross leaned forward, tilting his head toward Rowena.

Rowena snickered at Jeremiah as he shook his bottom in front of Josie. "When did Jeremiah change into gold boots shorts? This is so wrong but I can't stop watching."

"You want a bong?" Cross asked, his eyes widening.

"No, I said this is wrong. Jeremiah is under Josie's spell," Rowena explained, putting her phone away. "Plus, I think someone put body glitter on him. I've never seen a man sparkle so much in all my life. I brought him here to get clues not to fall in love with a crazy siren who gets men to steal money for her."

Liam watched Rowena's mouth. "I'm trying to read your lips but you're talking too fast."

Rowena eyed him suspiciously. "You better not be imagining what it's like to kiss me. Cross is right here!"

"What? I don't want to kiss you!" Liam hissed as Cross took a threatening step forward.

"He doesn't, but I do," a familiar voice said.

Cross narrowed his eyes as Hector approached them. Hector gave a cursory glance at the men before turning to Rowena. "Love the disguise. What are you all doing here?"

Cross frowned and lift his hand. "Back up, cat man."

Hector snorted. "Cat man? Really?"

"What are we doing here? What are you doing here, Hector?" Rowena snapped. "Are you under Josie's spell too? If so, where's your body glitter and boots shorts?"

"Rowena!" Cross snapped.

Rowena grimaced. "You heard that?"

"I read your lips. I'm the only man you should want to see in booty shorts!"

Hector smirked at his words. "Jealous?"

A growl from Cross escaped his throat. Rowena grabbed his arm and squeezed. He winced before clearing his throat.

"Are you wearing earplugs?" Rowena asked Hector. "I thought all of Josie's men were enamored of her."

The lion shifter shook his head. "I got a potion from a witch. I can't fall for the siren's call."

Rowena grinned. "Fall. Call. That rhymed."

"Can we get to the reason why you're here?" Cross interrupted, glaring at Hector.

"I told you I needed to investigate staff from the nursing home Rowena volunteers at. It led me here and--"

Before he could finish his sentence, a loud boom filled the air. A group of individuals dressed in black body armor and eye wear came storming in, weapons drawn.

"This is a raid! Hands up!" One of the soldiers shouted.

Shouts filled the air as a smoke bomb flew through the air, filling the room in purple smoke.

Cross pulled Rowena behind him.

Hector cursed as men began falling to the ground, unconscious. Liam, Matt, Cross, and Hector stayed standing along with Rowena and a screeching Josie.

"What is happening? Who are they and who called them?" Rowena asked.

"They're PUN agents," Hector answered. "And they're with me."