Chapter 15: Family Love

"Rowena, fighting with Abby isn't going to solve your problems," Selig whispered

Rowena's brown eyes turned to Abby, who was across the room and currently holding a bag of frozen peas to her jaw.

Banks and Poppy sat across from her, taking in the scene.

"Someone had to knock some sense into her," Rowena muttered.

Abby stood up from the sofa and slapped Matt's hands away as he tried to hold her back. "You attacked me from behind. That's fighting like a coward, Rowena!"

Exasperated, Cross groaned. Banks chuckled. "Well done, Rowena. Vampires are ruthless. I feel like a proud papa."

Poppy rolled her eyes. "Rowena isn't your daughter."

"I know that but the violent streak in her would make any vampire father proud."

"Fighting cowardly," Abby spat.

"It's called fighting dirty, Abby. Get over it. Besides, you avoiding me is acting like a coward!" Rowena argued.

"I have not been avoiding you," Abby protested.

"Liar, liar, house on fire!" Rowena taunted.

Abby growled. "One, it's pants on fire, not house on fire. Two, grow up. Only kids say that."

Rowena sneered at Abby. "One, pants on fire doesn't make any sense. It should be house on fire. Two, words don't have an age group attached to them. I can say whatever I want whenever I want. And I am water you are glue, whatever you say sticks back on you. Three, you're the one being immature by avoiding me. You can deny it but we both know you're lying."

Abby narrowed her eyes at Rowena.

"What is your problem with me? Is it because I'm a vampire now? Because nothing much has changed with me other than I'm freaky strong, have to wear sunglasses more than I like, and everything I eat tastes like they forgot to add seasoning to the dish."

"Only blood is delicious," Poppy admitted. Banks nodded.

"And you drink my blood," Cross reminded Rowena with a wink.

"Not helping," Rowena whisper-hissed at him.

"It's kind of weird how much you enjoy it," Selig added, staring at his brother.

"I'm not avoiding you because you're a vampire," Abby denied.

Rowena rolled her eyes. "I call bullpoop."

"I'm not!" Abby set the bag of peas down on the coffee table.

"Please don't start fighting again," Matt pleaded. "We didn't know who to root for."

"Plus, you broke a lamp and a side table," Poppy reminded them.

"If you really wanted to know why I've been keeping my distance, it's because I'm scared," Abby admitted.