Chapter 14: Slasher and Smasher

Cross lifted Rowena's hand and pressed it to his lips as they exited his bedroom

Cross lifted Rowena's hand and pressed it to his lips as they exited his bedroom. Voices around the corner stopped Rowena and Cross from moving forward.

"Abby, stop avoiding her," Selig whispered. "If you feel so guilty about how you've been acting, give her the outfit yourself."

"I didn't say I felt guilty. You don't understand," Abby muttered. "Just do me this favor."

"Cross is going to be mad. He asked you to prepare this outfit for Rowena. He's your brother but he's also the alpha. Besides, I thought you and Rowena were friends. So what if she's a vampire now? It's not like she changed. Your perverted brother likes it when she sucks his blood."

"You're the pervert!"

"Not anymore," Selig argued. "Rowena freed me. I owe her big time and I don't like seeing you avoid her."

A scoffing sound came from Abby. "You just care about your savior."

"That's true but you're also hurting yourself."

Cross took a step forward. Rowena squeezed his hand, stopping him.

"Just back off, Selig," Abby said before her footsteps padded away.

"Wait! I'm not done talking to you," Selig's voice tapered off as he trailed after her.

Cross looked down at Rowena. "I'll take care of my sister."

"No," Rowena said, shaking her head. "I want to deal with her myself. I'm the one she's having an issue with."

Cross frowned. "She's my sister. This is my pack."

"She's my friend and our friendship is not controlled by your pack. It sounds like she's bothered by me being a vampire. I'll just reassure her that I'm still the same Rowena. I just drink blood now."

"My blood," Cross added with a smug expression.

Rowena rolled her eyes.

They continued to the living room area where Banks and Poppy were waiting for them. Banks sat on the sofa next to Poppy, his arms across the back of sofa.

Liam, Selig, and Matt were also present. Cross looked around the room and eyed his brother. "Where's Abby?"

"She said she had an errand to run," Selig answered.

"Forget about your sister," Banks said, standing up. "Tonight is vampire training night. Rowena will need a readily available blood bank depending on how she does."

"Don't call our alpha a blood bank," Liam growled.

Banks ignored him.

"Will you teach me how to mind read?" Rowena asked.

Banks shook his head. "No."

"How about turning into a bat?" Rowena asked.

"No."