Chapt. 36 ~ Deceptions

Beginne am Anfang

"Of course, I am. And my goal is having Ciel Phantomhive all mine." 

"Yours?" Mute raised an eyebrow out of confusion. "I will ask again the night of your costume ball. What does Ciel Phantomhive have to do with your goal? Once you have it, what happens?" 

It takes a moment for Alois to reply. His head dips into his chest with his hair hanging over his eyes. "He took someone from me... My brother.." He fists the covers of the bed. "I know he did it. Once Ciel Phantomhive is mine, I will have him experience the same agony I did. He will know what it's like to lose something dear to him!" 

"Is there any proof?" 

"What?" Alois looks at Mute with a bit of confusion. 

"How do you know that Ciel Phantomhive is the person who killed your brother? With evidence, it sets the mindset to achieve its goal and reach its true potential. So I ask, do you know for sure that Ciel Phantomhive is the one who killed your brother?" Her eyes never leave the moon. 

"I know he did it. He killed my brother, Luka, just like Claude told me!" And that was it. The answers she was searching for from the very beginning. 

'So Claude is behind all of this. He's using Alois to get to Ciel. Yet why tamper with his soul?' Mute slowly lowered her head and stood up from the bed. "Alois, what if I told you that there is a way to achieve your goal without having to be bound to a demon? I can help you with your revenge without the help of your demon butler." 

"How?" 

"It's quite simple. But there is something I will need you to consent to if you allow me to help you."  Mute slowly turned to look at the boy with her eyes now a different color. "You will have to break your contract with Claude." 

Hearing this made the boy's eyes widen in shock. 'Break the contract with Claude?' He repeated the request in his head. 

"Wh-Why would I do that?" 

"Do you want to avenge your brother? You want Ciel Phantomhive all to yourself, do you not? I can make that happen without Claude's help. Once your contract ends, he has your soul. I am aware of the Demon Law. However, if you end your contract with Claude and take my helping hand, you will still have your soul and your vengeance for Luka, all while still having Ciel Phanomthive in your grasp. With your, your desires will not faulter, Alois." 

The woman lifts her hand for the boy to take. Alois couldn't help but be overwhelmed by this information. Having his goal achieved while still being able to keep his soul. A deal any human would agree upon. Anything to have their soul sold to a demonic creature. But he didn't know what to think. Should he break the contract and agree to allow this woman to help him? 

Mute lowers her hand and kneels in front of the boy. "This is a lot to take in. I won't force you to make a decision right away. Rethink this for as long as you like. And once you are ready, I will be waiting in the shadows..." saying this she gently takes his hands into hers while gifting him one of her soft smiles. "Your rest is long overdue. Sleep. And when you wake...shall your soul be at rest."