Chapt. 8 ~ Withholding

'Let me go!' She struggled against the demon's hold as he dragged her down the hall of the Barrymore Mansion and in an empty guest bedroom. He pushed her inside and entered inside the room, closing the door behind him. Before Mute could balance herself from stumbling inside, Sebastian turned her around and pinned her down on the bed. 

Mute's eyes widened with the demon now on top of her. But he didn't pin down her wrist. Both of his hands rested on either side of her head as he stared at her with lustful eyes. Mute could hear her heart pounding against her chest. Nothing but silence filled the room as the two creatures looked into each other's eyes. 

"You don't know how long I waited for this moment." Sebastian muttered. He lifted his hand to touch her cheek, causing Mute to flinch and turn her head to the side to avoid his touch. She assumed he was going to harm her. But all Sebastian did was rest his hand on the side of her face, gazing upon her beauty. "Do not be frightened, Milady. I would never harm you."

Sebastian moved his body closer to Mute's, his knee separating her legs in the process. Feeling his body against hers made Mute blush a crimson red. She didn't like this feeling. Her body was still and stiff. "Hah..." She breathed out and turned her head to the side as Sebastian buried his face in her neck. This sent shivers down her spine. She wasn't use to this feeling. No. She didn't know this feeling. 

"You have such a lovely scent..." Sebastian leaned up and smirked down at the woman beneath him with his eyes glowing a demonic pinkish color. "Tell me. Why have you been running away from me? You understand the feeling, don't you? That you and I are meant to be." 

Mute violently shook her head in denial. 'It's nothing like that!' She shut her eyes. 

"You probably don't understand just yet, Milady. It's quite understandable for a creature such as yourself." Sebastian leaned down and softly pressed his lips against the girl's forehead. Mute kept her eyes shut as her body stayed still. "I'll carry this out as swiftly as I can. Then we shall return. I know you'll be good and stay here, won't you?" Sebastian lifted her chin, having her look at him in the eyes. "Won't you?" 

Mute could only stare at him as her breathing silently shook. This dark aura coming from this demon is all she could feel at this moment. She could feel his obsession, lust, possessiveness. It was so intense. Mute couldn't think straight at all. This made another shiver run down her spine. 

Sebastian saw the confusion in her eyes before releasing her chin. He chuckled before stepping away from her and leaving the room. Mute stayed where she was for a few more moments to process what had just happened. After a few more moments, she calmed her nerves and sat up from the bed. 

'I can't stay here. Another time.' She told herself and vanished into a misty shadowy smoke. Mute returned home and appeared in her bedroom. Her head was facing the floor as she thought back to what had occurred. 'What was that?' 

"Mute, I'm home." Miko called out from the front door. Just in time for Miko to return home. She wouldn't know that Mute had went out. It'd be safe for her to assume that Mute had stayed inside all day. Mute couldn't mention a thing to Miko. Just not right now. 

Mute decided to bathe herself and rest in bed for the remainder of the day. Too much has happened for one day. She needed to clear her mind before tonight. After her bath, she got dressed in more comfortable clothes and decided to nap in her bed, curled up in the blankets. 

"You have such a lovely scent... Why are you running away from me? You and I are meant to be..." 

Mute opened her eyes and stayed widened when replaying the words in her slumber. She sighed, knowing it was all in her head and knowing she was still in her room and not with that demon. 'Just a reminder. A memory.' She stated while sitting up. 

Mute got dressed and headed out for the night. Tonight, the moon beamed brightly. The starry night lit the dark. Mute floated in the air as her black feathered wings spread out from her back. 

"See the girl
Eyes are wide
So naive
Dead inside

Would you cry for her? 
Would you take her pain away? 
Would you die for her? 
Would you brighten up her day? 

No more regrets~
I can't forget!~" 

Mute twirled around and danced with her song. She felt alive. Free. But only for a few minutes she could feel this way. 

"This could be the best days
We're having it all our way
Saying things we must say
To feel so alive! 

It's better than the sunlight
Dancing like this all night
Celebrating this night
To feel so alive
I feel so alive...

I've got to tell you to wrap your arms around your soul~ 
Wake up, now
Break out, now
You will lose yourself and everything..." 

Black shadow feathers fell upon the city as if she were casting an illusion. But her song was soft and slow. She loved feeling like this. At her own free will just for a few minutes. She didn't care if was a short amount of time. She could only wish it would last forever. 

With her song echoing into the night, the entire city had gone black. It was as if she was putting every person into a trance. Her intentions were unknown for doing this. But then again, she was not bad nor good. She is a complete mystery. But this night was so young and all she wanted to do was sing and dance the night away. 

The night seemed endless to Mute and she wanted to do so much more. Her eyes were closed a smile played on her face. She even giggled between verses. The girl was enjoying herself and the night. But what she didn't know was that this was also a calling... A calling to a demon. 

By the time her song ended, the shadow like feathers had disappeared and the shadow that was swallowing the city slowly returned back to Mute's wings and body. Soon the black wings had faded as Mute slowly began to open her eyes. She stared off into space for a moment before quickly turning herself around only to be embraced by blackness. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The song Oc was singing is called Alive by The Dirty Youth