Chapt. 17 ~ No Escape

'Calm down...' Mute panted as she curled up in bed. She was coughing and crying at the same time. 'I managed to get away... So why am I still freaking out? Why can't I stop?!' 

After attacking the puppets at the Curry Festival, Mute realized the situation she was in and saw the wings on her back. With her ability she turned everything black and made her exit out of the building. She had returned back to Sebastian's bedroom, because at the time it was the only place she could think and buried herself underneath the covers. 

'This has happened before. But I know how to control it. So why can't I calm down?' Mute curled her body under the covers as she grabbed her scalp. Overwhelming emotions and thoughts filled her head. She could barely hear her own thoughts. Mute hugged herself tightly with her nails digging into her arms as she shut her eyes tightly while tears continued to pour down her cheeks. She felt as if everything was out of control until, 

"Calm yourself." She heard an unknown voice. This voice was new to her. When Mute opened her eyes, she found herself surrounded by white. Nothing but white as feathers fell from nowhere. 

'Where am I?' Mute looked around. 

"There we go. That was a close one, wasn't it?" 

Mute turned to the owner of the voice. As she turned around, a tall man dressed in white and in a butler attire, and white wings spread out on his back stood before her. 'He's the butler from the Curry Festival... He's an Angel? A Pure White Angel.' Mute noticed Ash's wings and began to glare. 

"There's no need to be cautious of me, my dear child. I'm only here to help you." He told her as he walked closer to her. "I was sensing you losing control of yourself, so I came as soon as I could. I was so glad I was able to make it in time." 

'What does he know?' Mute continued to glare. She didn't know this angel and she's never met him before. So why would a pure white angel help a fallen angel? The two are different from one another. 

"My apologies, Milady. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ash the Angel. We encountered each other before, but not in the form that I have now. I know much about you, Mute. I've been keeping a close eye on you ever since I felt your presence the first time... I am glad I was able to come to your aid before you could lose control of yourself." He said, causing Mute's eyes to widen before her express turned into a glare. "Before your form could reach its peak-" 

Before Ash could finish his sentence, Mute grabbed his throat and pinned him to the floor. She glared with razor sharp teeth showing as her nails duck into the skin of his neck. Her eyes slowly turned black with hatred as she growled at him. 'You know nothing!' She hissed in her head. 

Ash struggled against the girl's hold as he saw the area around him turn black. His eyes widen with amazement but also shock. How was she able to change the setting of his doing? He underestimated Mute. He had no idea she had the ability to do something like this. Ash began to choke and finding it hard to breathe as Mute tightened her hold on around his throat. 

Black wings began to stretch out from Mute's back as her form slowly began to change. Ash's eyes became wide with horror. Mute raised her other hand to strike, but so quickly, the room had returned back to normal and how it was. Mute had put a hole in the floor with her hand as Ash was nowhere to be seen. It was like he had vanished from her sight. He was no longer being pinned down to the floor by her. 

"We will see each other again very soon." His voice called out to her as Mute stood up from her kneeling position. 

Mute slowly blinked and tried to process what had just happened but sighed to herself. Was it worth finding out in a time like this? 'First a demon, then reapers, and now an angel. How many more creatures are roaming the human world?' She frowned and looked down at her lap. 'He was able to put a stop to it. What did he do to me? Where was I just now?'