Chapt. 7 ~ Dark Thoughts

Erase him.

Kill him.

Obliterate him.

Mute's thoughts began to go haywire as she followed the scent of the demon. This was starting to make her go mad. To her, there was only one way to end this, and she wasn't going to let this slide. It will be quick and easy. So it can finally be over and done with.

She followed the strong aura that took her far out of the city. The scent she was following led her to a village that looked to be run down and abandoned. It looked dirty and nearly abandoned. But people still lived there.

They hid behind the curtains of their homes as some glared out their windows. Mute even saw some dogs caged inside with one another. This was a village but at the same time not the village that Mute wanted to stay for much longer. All she had to do was find Sebastian and kill him.

Kill him.

Erase him.

Get rid of him.

Her thoughts disturbed her. Eventually, she found where the demon was. Inside a big mansion on the top of some hill. Mute blended in with the shadows to spy on Sebastian and eventually get him alone so she can finish the job and then return home.

As Sebastian did his duties, he stopped for a moment when feeling a certain presence. It made him smirk. Saving him the trouble to find her again. 'So you're here.' He silently chuckled to himself before continuing with his duties. Mute, on the other hand, made sure to keep herself hidden and unseen by any of the residents.

She waited until nighttime to get Sebastian alone so she could be ready for her kill. Using her ability to blend in with the shadows of the mansion, she was nowhere to be seen. Sebastian was preparing his Young Master, Ciel, for bed and hung up his clothes as they were settling in for the night. Mute slowly descended from the shadows of the room, appearing over Sebastian. Just as she was about to strike, a knock at the bedroom door was heard. It was the maid of the household, Angela, walking into the room.

"My Master has requested you both to leave immediately. Before you meet the terrible fate of the demon hound." She warned them.

"Is that all? A silly little threat won't be enough. Is he still going on with that rumor?" Ciel questioned and debated about the 'Demon Hound'. Moments later a loud howl was heard within the night. It even caused Mute to look in the direction of where it came from. "What is that?" 

"It's the Demon Hound...!" Angela shuttered with fright. A shadow of a dog's head was showing at the curtains. Ciel ordered Sebastian to investigate it and Sebastian ran to the window and pulled both of the curtains back to reveal no dog. But outside led a trail of glowing green paw prints. 

Mute kept her eyes on Sebastian and glared at the commotion happening in front of her. Too much was going on, so she had no choice but to leave and return later. 'Is it really worth it?' Mute began to wonder. 'If I don't, it'll never end. It'll drive me mad...' Mute went elsewhere in the village to be left alone for now. She needed time to process a few things that were going on in her head. Mute sat on a hill and looked up at the foggy sky. 'What am I even doing here?...'