Chapt. 28 ~ Talk Later

Mute returned home just as the sun began to rise. Miko was starting to wake up just as soon Mute had appeared in the room. "Wake up." Mute said in a demand to her friend. Miko rubbed her eyes and yawned while replying, 

"What's the rush? The sun is starting to wake up as well... I understand you're a nocturnal creature, but some of us need our beauty sleep." 

"Miko!" Mute pounced on Miko and began to tickle her. Miko's giggles turned into a loud laughter. "Wake up! This is important! I need to tell you something! Come on, Miko!" 

"Alright, I'm up! Hahahaha! Get off!" Mute pushed herself off her friend and stayed knelt beside her as she waited for Miko to collect herself. "So, what is it that is so important that you have to tell me that couldn't wait for another second?" 

Mute tightened the hold she had on her dress while biting the inside of her lip. She didn't want to leave her friend in the dark this time. She had to tell her what she discovered this time. "Do you the demon butler?" 

"Your fated mate." 

'She remembers.' Mute sweat-dropped before sighing, "I-"

"Actually, that will have to wait for another time." Miko noticed the time and got out of bed with a sigh. "There is somewhere we need to be, or else I'm never going to hear the end of it from Lau... You can tell me on the way there, alright?" 

"Okay." Mute nodded with agreement. The two got dressed in ready before leaving their residence. Mute told Miko about her encounter with Sebastian and the other demon last night. "There's another demon walking among this world who is also in a contract with a human child." She added. 

"In some way that doesn't really surprise me... Demons will do anything for a good meal these days. It's written all in their history." Miko comments with a smile as her eyes appeared to be closed. "As to why he was at that mansion in the first place is a mystery. Do you really want to find out why he was there?" 

"Not really." Mute shook her head and sighed. 'I was only brought there because of that boy's despair. But I didn't expect to run into Sebastian and find Ciel's ring. Why did that other demon, Claude, have it? Why was it in the cellar?' The carriage came to a stop, grabbing Mute's attention and to put her thoughts on pause. 

"We're here. Come on, Mute. You don't have to mingle with people. Just stay somewhere where I can see you."  Miko said while getting out of the carriage. Mute nodded in response and followed after. The sunlight blinded Mute's eyes momentarily until they could adjust. She brought her hand up to cover her eyes before scanning the crowd of people that was attending today's event. 

'So many people here...' Mute's eyes continued to scan the crowd of people before landing on a certain butler. Her eyes slightly widened. She felt as if something was off. Ciel, and the other servants were at the event too. Sebastian glanced to where Mute stood. The two locked eyes with each other, knowing each other's presence. Mute quickly broke eye contact and walked away to find some place to find some shade but remained to stay in Miko's sight. 

Sometime after Ciel's announcement to the public, Sebastian strolled over to where Mute was, still standing underneath the shade. He walked up behind her and said, "I didn't expect to see you at a gathering like this." 

"Miko invited me." Mute communicated back. She took a quick glance at Ciel before turning to face Sebastian. The aura from she had felt when first encountering Sebastian flowed back to her. It had been some time since the two creatures last saw each other. But something felt off about Sebastian to her. The way he was staring at her. She took another glance back at Ciel and looked at Sebastian again to recall the night before, "Has something happened with your food? It's been tampered with." 

Sebastian's expression stayed the same. "Observant as you have always been, Milady. You can tell just by looking at my Master? Or can you sense something else?" 

"It's a theory." Mute replied bluntly. "Something has happened with that child's soul, and that other demon has something to do with it, doesn't he?" She looks up at him, looking dead into his eyes just to be certain of her answer. 

"Indeed." Was all Sebastian could say. "You knew right away what he was, didn't you?" 

Mute nodded her head. It wasn't hard to guest since Claude almost looked like the spitting image of Sebastian. It was looking into a mirror or looking at a twin. "I didn't want to stick around and discover more about him when that wasn't my reason for going there in the first place." 

"Now that you bring it up, what were you doing at that estate?" Now it was Sebastian's turn to question. Mute fell silent as her eyes wandered to the ground. She didn't want to tell him why and what she was doing there. They may be fated mates, but she refuses to tell Sebastian anything about what she does or anything else about her that he hasn't figured out yet. "What were you doing there in the first place, Milady?" He repeats himself, leaning down to the girl's height. 

Mute kept her eyes on the ground, refusing to look at Sebastian in the eyes. She stood her ground. Sebastian slowly lifts his hand and cups the girl's chin to have her look at him. A blush creeps across her face when looking into his red eyes. She could almost hear her heart beating. Sebastian leaned in close to her lips as Mute's eyes slowly began to close. Just as his lips barely brushed hers, he says, "I will tell you more details about it at another time. Right here and now wouldn't be the best place to speak of matters like this." 

"You can tell me if you want to. I already saw what I wanted to see the other night." Mute snapped out of her little trance while shaking her head out of Sebastian's hand. Just as just was about to walk away Sebastian grabbed her wrist and turned her around and wrapped his arm around her waist. Mute gasped and blinked at this. 

"Sooner or later, you will have to tell me why you were at that estate. I intent to know everything there is to know about you, my darling." Mute pushed herself away from Sebastian and hurried to find Miko. The demon smirked and chuckled in response. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not much to put here in this chapter. Eventually Miko and Mute do leave when it begins to rain during the White Stag episode. See you in the next chapter!