Chapt. 36 ~ Deceptions

"Go on, go on
Go bravely on
Into the blackest night~

Hold my breath til your return
My love will never die...

My heart, my heart
My drowning heart
Oh, all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore
My love will never die~" 

The wind blew with such ease, matching perfectly with Mute's tune. She stood on top of the Trancy Estate while looking up at the moon. She knew everybody in the mansion was either asleep or awake and didn't want to be bothered. Mute remembered what Sebastian told her about singing, but tonight she didn't care about the consequences. Just for tonight. To be free in her own skin without paranoia clawing down her back. 

"My love, my love
My fearless love
I will not say goodbye
Sea my rise
Sky may fall
My love will never die" 

Winds blew heavier. Some of the windows of the manor flung themselves open due to Mute's power. And of course, this caught the attention of the Trancy Butler. One of the flung open windows caught his attention as he was patrolling the hallways. His eyes set sight on the woman standing on the roof. Claude glared at her with thought, wondering what and why she was here. He didn't let the thought linger for too long when being captivated by her beauty. 

Her song matched well with her appearance, and with the help of the moon's glistering light to enhance that beauty. 'A glorious creature wondering the night, and out of all places, she happens to land right above us. Like the angel she is.' He couldn't help but smirk. The heavy winds instantly stopped, as did the melody. Leaving Mute with the final verse, 

"Sea may rise...
Sky may fall...
My love will never die.." 

Mute sighed to herself before turning to face Alois, who had been standing behind her. Looking into his eyes brought a small smile to her lips. Her appearance had Alois staring at her in awe, just like when they first met eyes. "Your songs are as beautiful as you." Alois said truthfully with a kind smile. 

"I hope my song didn't disturb your slumber." Mute communicated back with closed eyes and a gentle smile of her own. 

"No. I'm glad that you're here, really! Let's go inside. The night air is going to have you catch a cold if you stay out here any longer." He chirped before grasping her hands into his. Alois gasps of how cold Mute's hands were. 'So cold...' He shivered in disbelief. 'How can anybody be this cold? Like a corpse.' 

"Something wrong?" 

"No. It's nothing. Come." Alois led her to his bedroom. Mute sat on the bed and faced the window to stare out the window. "What are you doing here?" He said, taking a seat next to her. 

"As a creature of the night I don't require sleep. I came here for you." 

"For me?" 

"Are you aware that you are in contract with a demon? What are you goals in this contract?" The she-demon turned her head to the boy with an emotionless stare. To Alois it was a cold stare. It caused the hairs on the back of his neck to stand.  With a hard swallow he replied,