35.

The Start

*𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫*

I was on the couch, shaking my leg repeatedly as I was slightly irritated. Yazmin had been acting real sneaky these past few days. And earlier she told me that she was gonna be late coming home due to work.

But I called her job, and they told me that Yazmin clocked out about an hour early today.

So where the hell was she?!

As I heard the front door being unlocked, my leg started shaking faster than before. Yazmin's footsteps grew closer to the living room.

When she came into view, I saw her attention captured by her phone. I shifted on the couch, to get her attention. Yazmin jumped a little, as if she was startled.

"Shit, you scared me." Yazmin chuckled, her hand resting on her chest. "Mhm." I slowly nodded. Yazmin walked over and tried to kiss me. I turned my face, avoiding her kiss.

"What's wrong?" Yazmin took a step back.

"Why are you late Yazmin?" I asked, crossing my arms. "I told you I was gon be late cause of work." Yazmin spoke.

"So you're lying?" I slowly nodded, giving her a look of disappointment. "Not only could I tell you were lying because you text instead of calling, I called your job and they said you clocked out early. Why?" I questioned.

"Why'd you call my job? Was that really necessary?" Yazmin responded with a question. "Clearly it was. So what were you doing Yazmin?" I asked.

"Nothing disloyal or unfaithful if that's what you're getting at." Yazmin sighed. And she was telling the truth.

"Well then, what were you doing that you had to lie about it?" I questioned. "I can't really share that with you right now." Yazmin expressed. "Why not?" I firmly asked.

"Because...it's top secret." Yazmin smiled.

"Yazmin, this is not a joke." I suddenly started whining. I swear these damn hormones starting to piss me off. Like, why can't I just be me?!

"It's not a joke at all. And that's why I made sure to make it here on time for us to go to the meeting our therapist suggested." Yazmin had a little smirk on her face.

"Well I don't wanna go with you anymore." I expressed.

"Then who else are you gonna go with? It's couples counseling. You got another girlfriend I don't know about?" Yazmin joked, chuckling.

"Is this a joke to you Yazmin? It's not funny. I'm mad at you right now." I whined a little. "Why are you mad at me? I told you there was nothing too crazy going on. And you're bound to find out everything soon." Yazmin explained.

"Well what does that mean?" I looked up at her with soft eyes. "Can't tell ya." Yazmin chuckled.

"You know what? I'm not going. I'm bouta go stay with my mother tonight." I said, struggling to get up from the couch.

"No, baby stop please. I promise it's not that serious." Yazmin smiled, while prohibiting me from getting up. "It is that serious Yazmin!" I shouted, pushing Yazmin as she sat next to me.