Chapter 28: Part 2

Four years later:

- Are you nervous? - Camilla whispered to me, standing right behind me.

- Is it noticeable? - I replied, leaning towards her with a slight panic in my voice.

- Not at all. It's your turn, Sarah! You've got this! - Camilla called out behind me with a hint of excitement in her voice.

With a deep breath, I walked onto the stage where the university principal sat, ready to hand out diplomas. My heart beat fast, and my hands were sweaty with nerves. When the principal handed me my diploma, he smiled kindly and gave it to me. I felt the burden of five years of study finally lifting off my shoulders. Turning to look at the crowd, my eyes quickly found my mom. She stood there, smiling proudly, camera in hand, ready to capture this special moment.

When the ceremony came to an end, I ran to my mom with a wide smile, hugging her tightly.

- I'm so proud of you, sweetheart. You did it! - She said with joy in her eyes.

- Thank you, Mom. - I replied, feeling the warmth of her arms around me. A tear welled up in my eye, but I tried to hold it back.

Before I could add anything else, I heard the voices of my friends calling out to me. - I have to go to them. - I quickly exclaimed, giving my mom one last hug. - See you later!

- Of course, darling. Go and have fun. - She called after me, sounding surprised.

Approaching my friends, Alex hugged me tightly. His hug was warm and strong, as if he wanted to transfer all his pride and joy directly to my heart. Beside him stood Ava, her cheerful smile brightening her face like a ray of sunshine on a chilly day.

- Sparkle, we're incredibly proud of you! - Alex said, lifting me in his arms as if he wanted to lift me to the sky with his pride.

- I knew you could do it! - Ava exclaimed, bouncing lightly on her toes, as if her joy couldn't be expressed in any other way.

- Thank you, I'm glad you managed to make it. - I sighed, feeling overjoyed that they made it to the ceremony. It's a shame I couldn't see the rest of my friends.

Alex nodded slightly before checking his watch. - Ava, it's time. - He said calmly, then turned to me. - Sarah, I have a surprise for you. Let's go.

I felt a sudden excitement mixed with curiosity as Alex and Ava led me to the car. I didn't know what awaited me, but in their eyes, I saw a spark of joy that assured me it couldn't be anything bad.

When we arrived at the bar, my heart leaped with joy at the sight of my friends sitting at the table. Olivia, Jake, Aaron, Emily, Isaac, Archie, and Camilla, all smiled at me, holding glasses in their hands.

- SURPRISE! - They all exclaimed at once as soon as they saw me.

I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a wonderful moment full of love and joy that I will surely remember forever. - Thank you all! - I exclaimed, rushing towards them to hug each one individually. It felt like a dream come true, having my loved ones with me in such an important moment.

As my arms embraced each of my friends, I scanned the crowd, hoping to see Nathan among them. But despite my desperate longing, I didn't spot his familiar figure. I couldn't hide the disappointment that came with this realization.

- Well done, Sarah. - Isaac said, releasing me from his embrace. Isaac and I remained good friends after our breakup, even though he still harbored deep feelings for me. He set them aside and supported me as a friend.

- Thank you so much, Isaac. You still have a long way to go. - I said, laughing and winking at him.

- Come on, two years is not that long. - He replied casually, laughing along.