Chapter 23: Part 2

Bzz... Bzz.. bzz...

All day my phone vibrated, and Archie began to suspect that I was keeping a vibrator in my bag. I rolled my eyes, looking at my friend who was very curious about who could be trying to reach me from 7 in the morning.
Well, I wondered who that could be? Definitely not Ava because I silenced her calls and messages for a while, I just couldn't bear to look her in the eye.

And as for Nathan...

I took out my phone from the bag lying next to me, looked at the screen, and saw missed calls from Nathan. I didn't hate him. I couldn't hate him. Especially after Jake called me this morning, explaining that it wasn't really Nathan's fault but my own best friend's. And everything clicked for me, Ava lied to me because she was afraid of how I would react to her being in love with my boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend for a long time. Somehow Alex knew about it, and from what Jake said, Olivia had no idea about it, and if Olivia didn't know, Emily didn't either.

The only person who knew was Alex.

We talked on the phone a few times, each in our own way supporting me when I needed them the most, even though they weren't close to me, we kept in touch somehow. Now I understand how painful it was for Alex all these years loving someone who loved someone else.

I understood his pain, I never felt it, but I understood it.

And to be honest, everything that happened over the past few days became so indifferent to me. As if in my soul I knew that something even worse could happen than what already happened. That's why I couldn't let it happen, and I have to end once and for all what connects me to Nathan. Even if the kiss with Ava wasn't his fault, the fact how much pain he still causes me cannot pass unnoticed.

Ignoring the missed calls from Nathan, I opened Isaac's message. I sent him a short message asking if our date was still on and if he would like to go with me to the party Camilla mentioned. His quick reply surprised me a bit, but in a positive way. I knew I could always count on him.

Isaac White: Hey Sarah, I was starting to think you forgot about me ;) I'm not a fan of partying, but I'd love to go with you. See you Friday night, beautiful.

A slight smile appeared on my lips, which I didn't want to suppress for anything. I had to move forward.

Bzz... Bzz... Bzz...

I looked at the screen displaying the name "Nathan" and although I really wanted to hear his voice again, the other side of me didn't want anything to do with him. I pressed my lips into a thin line and started to look around.

- Maybe it's important, you should answer. - Archie said with a slight concern. After so many times my phone rang in his presence, his wide smile and the question "Who could it be?" turned into "Who is it again?"

- Could you take notes for me? - I asked Archie with a slight smile and hope that he would agree.

- Of course, sunshine, go ahead. - he said, and I quietly dashed out of the room to answer the phone.

- Nathan, you've called me 28 times and it's only 9 in the morning. - I said, grabbing my head. I can't believe he has nothing else to do?

- I just wanted to hear your voice. - He said, his voice slightly hoarse on the other end, probably hungover from yesterday.

- You heard enough, anything else? - I asked, nervously biting my lower lip, unable to let him notice how fast my heart is beating right now. His voice was wonderful early in the morning, but if I keep listening to it any longer, I feel like I'll literally go crazy, and Camilla will send me to a psychiatrist.