Chapter 24: Part 2

The day at the university dragged on incredibly for me, constantly checking my phone in hopes of seeing a message from Nathan. I feel terrible and selfish for agreeing to be in a relationship with Isaac. What was I thinking? I've never behaved this way before; I always tried to consider others' feelings, but now? I've treated Isaac unfairly, and I feel like I'll pay dearly for it if it comes to light.

- I can't believe this. - Archie whispered, trying not to disrupt the reading we were currently engaged in.

- What can't you believe again? - I asked, feeling agitated. Ever since I told my friends about being with Isaac, it's been a topic that just won't go away.

- Do you even realize what you've done? - Archie asked, looking at me. Camilla, to his right, gave him a gentle hit, shooting him a glare to leave me alone.

- For God's sake. Archie what are you talking about? - I said, putting down my pen. I can't focus on reading until he provides enough evidence that I'm with Isaac.

- If it's true, there's a whole bunch of girls on this campus already thinking about how to cut your head off. - He said, motioning with his hand as if slicing his throat. And Camilla next to him rolled her eyes.

- She's finally happy, could you let her be for once? - Camilla asked, irritated by Archie's behavior.

- Excuse me for being the only sensible one in this group! - Archie said louder, to which the professor gave him a furious look.

- Archie, since you're so intelligent, please tell me the answer to question 7. - The professor asked Archie, and Camilla and I quietly chuckled.

- I'm sorry, professor, but I haven't gotten to that question yet. - Archie said, not even looking at his notes, simply guessing.

- With your intelligence, Archie, you should be on question 12 by now. - Professor said sarcastically, smiling.

Bzz... Bzz... Bzz...

I took out my phone from my pocket when a message from Isaac appeared on the screen:

Isaac White: Hey beautiful, will you come during the break to see me play? :)

Sarah: Sure, I'd love to ;)

Turning my head, I saw Archie and Camilla staring at me with wide smiles.

- What? - I raised an eyebrow, waiting for their response.

- We're coming with you. - They said simultaneously, and just as I was about to say something, the bell rang, and they grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the room.

- Zero privacy. - I sighed.

- Privacy? What's that? - Archie joked with Camilla, teasing me.

We hurried out of the building to catch the game that was taking place during the break. Usually, I wasn't interested, just passing by, but this time was an exception. We entered the huge field where quite a few people were already seated, mostly girls swooning over the sight of the football players. And among them was Isaac, with a broad smile, noticing me among the crowd and waving. All eyes turned to me, and for a moment, I felt a lump in my throat. I returned the smile, waving back at him, which didn't escape Camilla and Archie's notice. They turned to me with mischievous grins, and I didn't want to know what silly plan they were brewing.

***

After a long and tedious hour, the game finally came to an end, and Isaac White, in other words, my boyfriend, won the match. I was happy because he was happy, but... I feel like I'm fooling myself.