Chapter 21: One Hell of a Night

Kin stepped into the building and looked around. The whole area was 'L' shaped; the entry doors were at the top off the L and the bottom of the L ran off to the right. The first thing they saw was the DJ booth and stage set up at the far end of the room at the corner of the L. The dinning space in front of them was aglow with soft pastel lighting that accentuated the tropical vibe of the tables and chairs. White linen was draped everywhere creating a defined dancefloor and dining area. To the right off the dance floor was the bar and seating that opened up onto the patio and gardens.

                                 Kin frowned "The crowd has obviously seen the papers, they are all staring."

                               "Nah, it's just because I have my hand on Stewart's ass." Ramsay smirked as Stewart laughed. "What should we do first?"

                              "Dance," Oz smiled, swung Kin over his shoulder and headed for the dance floor with a cheering Stewart and Ramsay right behind him. The four friends made it a point to have fun and ignore the gawkers. In time the crowd decided to join in, Lincoln tried to stop them but it didn't work, the crowd ignored her. As they were dancing Kin noticed some of the staff arguing with Lincoln. She glanced at Oz who had looked over to see what was distracting Kin. "I will go ask, if there is something wrong" Kin stiffened, he caught that as a clue and looked over at Kin "what do you want me to do?"

                              "Dinner should be at least being announced by now, I bet Lincoln messed up that. If I'm right, order from various places, create a buffet." Kin looked around for Stewart and Ramsay and noticed they were on the patio by the gardens having a quiet moment to the themselves. Kin let them have their time and turned back to Oz. "What do you think?"

                              "Hm," he looked back over at Lincoln. "I have a better idea, he whipped out his phone and placed several calls. Within half an hour several restaurants showed up with truckloads of food. Kin and Oz looked on as they approached the staff who were still arguing with Lincoln, showed them the receipts and pointed at Oz and Kin. The staff pushed Lincoln aside then turned to Oz and Kin with grateful smiles and bowed. With a newfound bound in their steps they ushered the deliveries into the kitchen from there they were presented to the waiting guests in minutes. "I didn't know it was possible to make her angrier than she was earlier." Oz laughed. He sent a message to the boys in the garden that dinner was about to be served then turned his attention back to Kin.

                                The DJ made the announcement that dinner was about to begin bringing all the partygoers back to the dining area with a large grin on his face and daggers stared at Lincoln. Stewart and Ramsay sauntered in completely relaxed "Why is everyone gossiping about Lincoln fucking something up on purpose?" Ramsay asked.

                            "Should we skip the food?" Stewart frowned, "what did we miss" he half shrugged.

                             "The food is good," Kin smiled "Lincoln didn't get food or something so Oz ordered from several restaurants." Kin raised her eyebrows and giggled "Dinner should be amazing for two reasons... One he ordered from all the top restaurants in the area and two Lincoln is now seriously pissed off."

                               The three boys laughed as the DJ came on and verified the situation to everyone "Alright everybody, dinner is finally here thanks to four of your fellow guests. Apparently the party planner forgot that the money for food was supposed to go towards food, and not go into her pockets." He chuckled and hit a button that caused a trumpet to make a funny failure sound, the crowd laughed then he continued "So thank you to Kin, Oz, Stewart and Ramsay for dinner." The crowd cheered. Kin looked over at Lincoln who was getting chewed out by the school board and smiled thinking back to the many times in school she suffered at Lincoln's hand.