Kitten

Good thing this is called fanfiction.

req from: FreakyFanStories
___

Nick loves helping. He's sure of that. He doesn't look like he does though but he surely does

Working without Matt and Chris feels.. a little weird. Nick was 2 hours away from them because he had to meet up with some business partners in spacecamp. Because of the successful launch, Nick needed to do some work in another city. Chris didn't come because he just wanted to laze around while Matt had his own plans, he only dropped off Nick and reminded him that he won't be able to pick him up.

It's either Nick commutes or he goes with someone he knows there. Nick hates commuting so he just settled for the latter.

"I think we should do a mango for the new one instead of strawberry. It'll be bland if you choose strawberry after you've just launched a cherry. What do you think, Nick?" Joanna asked him. Hoping for his approval.

Nick nodded, thinking that it was a good idea. "Yep, that's perfect, Jo. What about a pigmented balm? Should we do it?"

"We could but we're kind of considering making it like a limited-edition balm for the year anniversary."

The meeting lasted for almost 2 hours. They have made some adjustments in their prior plans and they have discussed the things he should do next. Nick is the boss, his words are still what they would obey in the end but it feels nice listening to everyone's suggestions. He is still navigating this kind of world and it's comforting to know that he has people beside him that are willing to guide him every step of the way.

"Jo, Can I go with you? Matt can't pick me up."

"Oh, I- uh, have a date, I'm sorry!"

"Right! It's fine. You bag that man." Nick chuckled. Joanna looked worried that he'd be angry at her and he wanted to make sure that she knows he's not.

"I'm so sorry. It's because it's out of way, I would give you a ride if it wasn't but-"

"Hey, calm down. It's fine. I can commute."

After a little bit of affirmation from Nick, Joanna left the building.

Nick looked at his phone when he was in the elevator and noticed that his battery is almost dead.

"Oh shit."

Because of the panic that his phone might suddenly shut down, Nick just messaged the groupchat "omw home" and turned off his phone.

"I should just book an Uber." Nick said to himself. He turned on his phone again and he was about to open the app when it shut down. "Right, I forgot the part that my phone's battery would be dead at any moment."

Maybe he should ride a train, it's been so long since he rode one. When he was about to walk away he heard a soft meow. He looked around to see where the meow was coming from and that was when he saw a kitten near the side walk. It was limping around and Nick's heart started to hurt as he watched the kitten's state.

His eyes widen when he saw a man kicked the kitten a little hard when he was walking past it.

A fucking rascal!