Long Live The King

Good thing this is called fanfiction.

tw: war, blo0d, vi0lence

gahahaha buckle up, baby
___

It's 1185 when Nicolas Antonio was crowned as the King. He took the throne right after the moment the King died. He didn't mourned for him, no, he couldn't mourn for him. While his relatives, his brothers, his mom, was mourning for the death of the previous King, Nicolas was preparing for his oath taking.

He lost his father but their people needed a new King.

As the first born, whose blood is pure, he was undoubtedly chosen to take the thrown.

Over all the years, Matthew and Christopher have watched their brother grow. They have watched the Kingdom prosper in his reign, they have watched every Kingdom that has fallen under his reign.

They are proud of their brother but they know that the throne is taking their Nicolas away.

When was the last time Nicolas looked at their way and smiled?

Seven years ago.

And as of today Nicolas is their King, not their brother anymore.

___

"There is no way you are sending us to this training, Your Majesty." Christopher said through gritted teeth. All he wanted was to fucking punch Nicolas in his face and tell him to bring back the brother he had seven years ago.

Nicolas laughed mockingly, "And if I don't send you off to train, who will protect you when our soldiers are buried? Who will protect this Kingdom, its people, if you don't even know how to hold a sword?"

"We are the most-feared Kingdom, Your Majesty. I do not see where all of your plans are coming from." Matthew said, gaining the full attention of Nicolas.

Nicolas looked at Matthew. He scanned him up and down, so slowly that Matthew felt small under his brother's gaze.

"The most-feared Kingdom and its very own Princes who don't know how to fight. You poor, poor boys, who does not know how the world works." Nicolas let out a sigh, as if what he said was the most disappointing words to ever come out of his mouth. After that, his face turned serious, now void of the mocking expression he was wearing a while ago. "This Kingdom has sheltered you, and its people offer their lives for your safety. It is only fair for you to bleed for your people, it is only just for you to protect this Kingdom."

Christopher now laughed, making sure to make it sound like Nicolas did earlier when he was mocking them. "I can't believe you are boasting off how everyone fear our Kingdom when you don't even trust our soldiers."

"Hmm. Do you fear me, Christopher?"

Christopher went silent when he heard Nicolas' tone. It was the tone he used when he was speaking to an enemy. The tone he uses every time he's about to threaten them but even though there's a growing fear inside his chest, the anger he felt is stronger than the fear, so his voice did not falter when he spoke. "Of course, Your Majesty. I fear you but that doesn't mean I have to agree with your decision-"

"The anger in your tone is dripping, it's pouring. You just got the answer you needed." Nicolas Antonio stood up, "Anger overcomes the fear. I could list all the Kingdoms that fear us, I assure you that their Kings have wrath bubbling up their chest waiting to burst. And you know what? When the King is mad, the nation kills."