Chapter 15: A Sleeping World

Peter got ejected from the portal, "Ahh!" He yelled, then slammed onto the ground. "Ouch!" Then slid on the ground. "Ugh..." He said as he got up slowly, then coughed up some dust that had gotten into his mouth. "What the... ugh, gross..." He said spitting out the dust.

Standing up, he saw there was a large pile of black dust below him on the ground. "What is that?" Then, he looked around.

"Wait a minute..." He looked around. Up, down, all over at his surroundings.

Some street in New York City. He didn't know what street, but it was clearly the Big Apple.

"I'm in New York...?" He said, trying to process. He looked behind him. "I just got ejected out of a portal..." He looked down and saw Ben lying on the ground. "Ben!" He yelled. He crouched down to his level. "Ben! Please tell me you're okay!"

He shook Ben and heard a groan.

Peter sighed, "He's okay..." He looked behind him and saw Brooklyn and Yaz, all of them were on the ground seemingly knocked out. Peter looked around his surroundings again. There was no sign of a portal. "Where the hell are we?"

Peter sat on the ground, trying to process what just happened. "Did... Did the collider explode? What was that?" He turned his head up and looked down the street. "Now that I'm looking at this... this is... Park Avenue..." Peter looked up. "Yeah, there's the Avengers Tower,"

He looked around, "But... why does it look so... silent...?" Something didn't seem right. "This is New York... New York shouldn't sound like the countryside... " He stood up. There was no one making any sounds, no one moving at all. And there was dark dust all over the ground.

Peter looked back at Ben. "Ben... please... wake up," He shook Ben some more. Ben sighed, then sat up. "Ugh, what happened... ow my head,"

Then, Peter smiled. "Ben! You're okay!"

"I guess...?" Ben said. "What the hell happened? All I remember is..." He moved his head up looking at the city before him. "That's... New York..." He blinked. He slowly looked over at Peter. "How the fuck are we in New York?"

"I don't know, I don't think it's a wild guess to say it was the Collider," Peter said. He looked behind him, at Yaz and Brooklyn. "I see Brooklyn and Yazsima, but... I don't see Darius..."

"Or Kenji," Ben said after. "Or... Dr. Wu... oh shit... what happened?"

"They might be around here," Peter said, as he stood up, brushing himself off.

"That is highly unlikely!" Ben snapped at Peter. "What, they just got up and left?!" Ben yelled, gesturing his hands at Brooklyn and Yaz on the floor.

Peter sighed. "You're right..." He spoke. "Did... Do you guys have any friends?"

Ben sighed. "We were stranded on an island Peter!" He yelled. "Realistically our phones would be dead by now. But, maybe some might have some juice left..."

"So... You have a phone?" Peter asked.

"No, but Brooklyn and Kenji do," Ben walked over to Brooklyn. "Brook? Wake up..." Ben said shaking her lightly.

Peter was worried. "Are they-,"

Ben placed his fingers by her neck. "No, she's fine... just really knocked out," Ben softly pushed Brooklyn over to her side. "Sorry Brook, just gotta check your pockets..." Ben searched Brooklyn's pants pockets and her small pink jacket's pocket. "That's odd, she usually always has her phone on her person," Ben muttered. Then, he groaned. "Ugh, don't tell me out of all days she left it at camp,"

"Maybe... um... You know how some girls keep their phones in their... you know... uh..."

Ben looked up at Peter and saw that he was pointing at his chest.