My Life (bonus chapter)

🎶 Nothing breaks like a heart - Mark Ronson, Miley Cyrus 🎶

Zar's POV

While Amol and I were having a conversation Hunter suddenly came to tell us that Gulab was in the house.

"She is here," he said looking at me.

I wasn't surprised. I just smiled at him but the thought of seeing her again filled me with excitement. It had been more than a decade since I had seen her, touched or even talked to her.

I tried to suppress my excitement as much as possible.

Amol left quickly while we followed. Gulab was standing near the window. My heart started to beat heavily. After all this time she still had the same effect on me.

"Gulab," I heard myself say.

She came out of the shadow and looked at me. My mind stopped functioning as soon as I sew her. Her moon eyes were glowing as it does in the night sky. Moon - drop choker was shining on her neck. Same kind of jewellery was shining on her waist.

She was in her signature wear, sari. I remembered her once saying she would wear red sari once she married me. We weren't married....we were. She was wearing red. It means she could stay.

Hope filled me.

Her long white shiny hair was lightly flying in the air. She didn't look more than 25. She looked so young. Her energy was calm but I knew if provoked what it would turn into.

The most powerful witch was here. My mentor was here. Most importantly my life who was holding me from leaving was here.

"After years," I whispered. How much I tried I couldn't stop myself from showing that I was hurt.

"After years," she whispered back staring at me.

I couldn't make it if she was happy to see me. I believed she forced herself to be here.

"You don't need to leave, Amol. I am not here for Yugal. I am here for Gurans," I heard her say.

"Ouch," My heart shattered into pieces.

After all these years I thought I would get a moment with her. I would talk to her. I would beg her to stay. But I guess she hadn't forgiven herself.

I smiled at hearing it.

"Why Gurans?" Amol asked her.

"I am here to take my sister back without harming anyone," she replied.

"But your sister won't hear you. She will surely try to harm Zar as she is here for him,"

"She will," she said in a calm tone.

"Why would she listen to you?"

"You ask too many questions," she said her eyes never leaving mine.

I wondered if she missed me too. I wondered if she laid at night thinking of me and wishing she hadn't left. Since the day she left I hadn't slept a night away. I couldn't. Everytime I closed my eyes I would see her. She hunted me. She chased me and then made me chase her. How cruel was it.

"You are still hurting him," Amol said to her.

I thought she would say something but she just stood there not taking her eyes off me.

After a minute or so I felt both Amol and Hunter leave.

"What's your plan?" I whispered.

She stood silently.

"So, you won't even speak to me?"

"There's nothing to say,"

She took a step towards me and then stopped. There was this urge to go and grab her then hug her tightly. Not thinking anything I walked towards her but she vanished in the air.