Epilogue: The Aftermath of Fear

Ozpin: "The single quality that is common across every living creature on this planet...is fear."
.
.
.
Kai's eyes peered at the red hot hole through which Cinder had made her escape, and then he let out a sigh, his eyes losing their glow, reverting back to blue.

Weiss: "Winter!" Weiss hurried over from Ruby's side towards her sister, who was still held in Kai's arms. While Weiss' face was fraught with worry and concern, Winter, however, met her with a glare.

Winter: "What...did you do?"

Ozpin: "It's funny then, that as common as fear is...we so easily underestimate its power."

Ruby's eyes went from Winter's body, and instead focused on Penny. Penny turned to meet Ruby's gaze with her glowing green eyes for a second, before turning away to reach down for the unmoving body of the Winter Maiden beside her.

Well, the former, Winter Maiden.

Penny eyes lost their glow as she held her head in her hands, grief stricken, as Ruby ran up to her.

Ruby: "Are you alright?" When she got no answer, she asked again in concern, "Penny, are you alright?". Penny finally raised her head to look at the old woman again, "She's...gone..."

Winter: "No..." Penny and Ruby both turned their heads in the direction of the voice, as Winter continued with a stern expression on her face, "...She's a part of you now..."
.
.
.
Ozpin: "Fear of growing close to someone...and a subsequent fear of loss."

Qrow sat in the snow, unmoving as a unit of Atlas soldiers filled the site of the crash to make their arrests. A few meters away, Robyn stirred and slowly awoke in the wreckage, just to find herself surrounded by soldiers as well. She, alongside Qrow were restrained and led away to the prisoner transport.
.
.
.
Ozpin: "Fear of failure."

Cinder hovered in the skies, glaring at the structure of Atlas Academy in the distance, seething with rage as intense as the flames shooting out of her feet.

How could she have run away?

From HIM??

Of all people???

Not only did she lose the Winter Maiden's powers, she had lost her shot at revenge. Kai's ability had grown immensely, while she remained stagnant.

He was, undeniably, stronger than her.

Unable to contain the emotions within her anymore, Cinder raised her head high and let out a fury induced scream.

A fury so intense she spewed raw flames from her mouth.
.
.
.
Jaune, Ren and Nora hurried up to the airship where Yang and Blake were waiting to receive them. As soon as they boarded, Maria grabbed the controls and got them away from Atlas Academy as quickly as she could.

Yang heaved a sigh of relief as the airship flew away, before turning to the JNPR team with concern, "Where's Oscar? And the Relic?"

Jaune looked down at the floor, Ren held his head in his hands shamefully, while Nora glanced at hiim with concern.

The answer was painfully obvious.
.
.
.
Ozpin: "And as more people depend on you, those fears can take on greater power."

Qrow sat in the airship, en route to lockup in Atlas. Sadly, he glanced down at the small, blood stained object in his hand.