Chapter 10: Election Day

"Although the heavy rioting in Mantle; which began right after Jacques Schnee's announcement last night; is finally under control, how does it feel to know that the majority of those involved were your supporters?"

Robyn: "I don't condone rioting, especially when our city is being denied aid for the hardships we've had to go through. But Jacques Schnee's latest stunt is holding the city hostage for his own political gain. So I understand their anger, but ask that they show it not in the streets, but at the polls today"

 So I understand their anger, but ask that they show it not in the streets, but at the polls today"

.
.
.
~Training Room 2, Atlas Academy~
Kai: "Again". Elm gripped her hammer tightly and took up her stance again, her bare feet firmly on the ground as she shot Kai a slightly worried look, "Again? Are you sure about this?". Kai gave a determined nod, and she shrugged, "Okay". The boosters on her hammer flared up as she dashed at Kai head on. The boy took a deep breath and golden flames covered his right hand. Elm activated her semblance, planting her foot firmly on the ground once she was in front of Kai, with her entire body positioned in the middle of a mighty swing of her rocket propelled hammer.

Elm: "Hraaaaaaagh!!" Kai brought up his flaming fist at the last second, and the two attacks clashed in the middle, neither one giving way to the other. But only for a few seconds. With a final yell, Elm drove her finely toned muscles forward, pushing past Kai's attack and ultimately smashing her hammer onto his chest. Kai was sent tumbling backwards with a grunt, but only for a few feet as he quickly regained his balance and took up his stance one more.

Kai: "Again"

Elm: "Seriously? We've been at this for nearly half an hour". Around them, the rest of the Ace Ops began to speak up as well.

Marrow: "Yeah, our break's nearly over you know". Harriet sauntered forward, "Hey if you were looking to get your ass kicked, you could have just said so", she smirked, "I'd be happy to spar with you again, any time". Kai rolled his eyes with a smirk of his own, "Please, of all our sparring matches I'm pretty sure I'm holding the lead, 12 to 9"

Harriet: "Uh actually it's 12 to 7, and I'm the one who's leading".

Kai: "I'm pretty sure you're confused, Hare. There's no way you have a five point lead on me". Harriet placed a hand on her hip and cocked her head slightly, one brow raised, her smirk growing even wider and more taunting, "Looks to me like someone is in denial". Before Kai could retort, Vine spoke up from where he sat cross legged in a corner, "Is there some sort of purpose to this exercise? It can hardly be considered training"

Kai: "It is training. I'm trying to push the limits on my semblance". Elm raised a brow, "Why? It seems plenty powerful already as it is"

Marrow: "Yeah, I'm not sure it can get any stronger"

Vine: "There's no sense in pushing yourself for no reason". Kai looked down at his hands, "No, I can do more..." his eyes went down to the ground, "...I have to do more...", he muttered as the words Ozpin once said to him came running through his mind once more.