Chapter 9: Robyn Hill

Clover: "My win again" He dropped his cards on a crate; positioned between himself and Qrow to act as a table for their game. The two huntsmen sat in the back of the supply truck, surrounded by crates filled with supplies being transported to Amity Tower, apparently having decided to pass the time with a game of cards.

Clover: "Maybe we should call it quits?" Qrow sighed, "Just shut up and deal" Clover chuckled as he picked up the cards from the crate and began to shuffle them. He spoke after a few seconds, "That kid of yours is one of a kind huh?"

Qrow: "He's not my kid"

Clover: "But you raised him. Taught him. The Blazing Huntsman himself"

Qrow: "That one's all on him. Besides, they're all one of a kind. They've been through a lot together."

Clover: "It's a good thing they had someone to look up to and get them through it", he began to deal the cards, placing them on the makeshift table, "Not every one is so lucky"

Qrow: "I dunno about all that." After a short silence, he added, "Thanks, by the way. For looking out for them. You and your team"

Clover: "What good is saving the world without another generation waiting in the wings? Hopefully, they'll leave Remnant better than we left it for them" He pushed a fresh set of cards towards Qrow, who picked it up with a small smile, "Once upon a time, I'd have drank to that". Clover narrowed his eyes at Qrow, "You shouldn't do that you know"

Qrow: "Oh don't worry about it, I gave that up"

Clover: "I meant deflect a compliment" Qrow's eyes widened as Clover went on, "Those kids wouldn't be where they are without you. You've had more of an effect on them than you realize. I'm sure Kai especially would agree with me" Qrow's surprise faded away, as he gave Clover a small smile, "Huh...thanks for that" Clover smiled back with a shrug, "Just saying it like I see it friend"

Ruby: "Uh...Uncle Qrow!"

Qrow: "What's going on? Grimm?" The two huntsmen hurried to their feet and turned to move towards the front of the truck, where Ruby, Kai and Penny had gotten to their feet and were staring straight ahead at the obstacle in their way.

Clover: "No. Worse" He immediately began to give orders, "You three with me. Penny, stay put and keep an eye on our six. We may need the element of surprise" Qrow, Kai and Ruby nodded in acknowledgement.

Penny: "Affirmative. I will plan for six possible outcomes"

The supply vehicle slowly rolled to a stop, reluctantly so, as it's path was blocked by a newly and hastily constructed fence and gate, with two individuals standing in front of it

.
.
.
The supply vehicle slowly rolled to a stop, reluctantly so, as it's path was blocked by a newly and hastily constructed fence and gate, with two individuals standing in front of it. One, a faunus girl, white fluffy hair wobbling slightly with the wind, and pierced lamb ears protruding from the side of her head. And the other, a tall woman, standing stoically with an equally stoic expression on her face. The woman who was loved and respected by everyone in Mantle. Robyn Hill.