Chapter 88

Nora's POV

"So?" Mandy asked making me furrow my brows in confusion.

She tore her a paper off the notebook she was holding scribbled something on it and stretched it out to Damien.

"If you ever get bored call me" she said flirting.

Damien shifted his gaze from her face to the paper she held out "not interested and back off" he said looking at her in complete disgust.

I watched with amusement as Mandy's face turned beet red in embarrassment as she opened and closed her mouth unable to form words.

"I've gotta go I'll catch you later Nora" she chuckled nervously and walked off.

"Let's have lunch at Mc Donalds" Damien said as he walked us back to the car.

"I'm fine let's just go home" I said as he placed me on the passengers seat.

"Whatever you want princess" he chuckled and closed the door. He went around the car entered the drivers seat and we drove off.

*
"This is delicious baby" Damien said with his mouth full of food. He pulled me closer by the waist and pressed a kiss on my cheek.

"Eww don't do that" i scowled at him wiping my cheeks with a napkin.

"You're just so cute" He pinched my cheeks making my scowl deepen.

"So so adorable" he cooed and chuckled when I swatted his hands off my face.

My doorbell dinged followed by the sound of door opening as Lucas came into view with an overly excited William following after him.

"Hello Dammy" William squealed throwing his arms around Damien earning a scowl at him.

"What's got you in a good mood?" I asked surveying my friend

"Lucas plum here is taking us to the Bahamas for the rest of the week" he said giggling like a little girl.

"Cool" I muttered and chuckled as I watched Damien try to pry William hand off him.

"We actually came here cos I had a few things to tell Mrs Von about work" Lucas said making eye contact with me.

"Let's talk in the office, bae are you gonna be okay with William for a few minutes" I asked Damien who replied with a nod.

I gave him a peck on the cheeks and headed to the office with Lucas following behind me.

I stepped into the office and took a seat on the table as Lucas stepped in and closed the door behind him.

"We've got Edrins lab location" he said and I sighed.

"Hmm book me a flight for New York I'll be leaving tomorrow" It's time to finish this once and for all.

Lucas nodded in affirmation but still stood there. "Lucas I thought we talked about you talking freely" i said throwing a playful glare at him. He chuckled.

"Have you told Mr Von about your plans?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

"No and I don't intend on telling him anything till it's over" I said calmly and Lucas raised a questioning brow at him.

"He's totally gonna flip if I tell him about the plan he won't let me go alone and I can't take the risk of losing him" I said with a sigh.

"He's not going to be happy" Lucas aid with a scowl.

"I know. But I'll never be at peace, never be safe until he's out of the way. I'm tired of constantly looking over my shoulders" I said.

"I'll book the flight" he said and pulled out his phone.

"Thank you" I said sincerely as he opened the office door.

"Mr Von" he greeted as he stood by the door. "Fuck" I muttered with a sigh and ran a hand through my hair.

"I- Lucas said trying to speak "I'll call you later Lucas" Damien interrupted Lucas. He nodded his head and walked away.

Damien stepped into the office closed the door behind him and leaned on it keeping his piercing gaze on me.

"You were planning to tell me when everything was over?" Damien asked with hurt making my heart break.

"Damien" I muttered quietly.

"I'm coming with you" he said "end of discussion" he seethed when i opened my mouth to object.

"Damien I can't let you come with me it's my fight" I said trying to convince him to back off.

"I thought it was me and you against the world" he said with hurt "what happened to being each other's pillar and support" he muttered quietly.

"I know I wasn't a good husband to you, I fucked up a lot of times but let me make it up to you, let me be your Pillar again cos I don't think I'll be able to forgive myself if anything happens to you" he said stroking my cheek.

"Please amore" he said placing a tender kiss on my lips and rested his forehead on mine.

"Okay" I said and a full blown smile slipped onto his lips. He pulled me in for a hug "You're not alone anymore" he whispered in my ear making me smile. I'm no longer alone.

I reached for my phone and dialed Lucas number. He picked immediately

"Make it two tickets instead" I muttered as Damien lifted me and I wrapped my legs around him.

"Yes Mrs Von" he said and I could practically hear the smile in his voice. I ended the call immediately Damien dropped me on our bed.

He walked into the closet at came back with three suitcase. He walked over to my dresser and shifted the mirror to the side revealing all kinds of guns and knifes.

He picked a few guns including their ammo, knifes and placed them in the box.

"How did you know about that?" I asked with a pout.

"I knew everything baby" he said placing a peck on my lips and went back to packing. Once he was done with the weapons he zipped up the suitcase and took it aside.

He went back to the closet and came back with both are clothes. I stood up to help him but he shot me glare and I pinned my butt back onto the bed.

He finished packing for both of us zipped the back and dropped it at the side along with the other one.

"Let's get some sleep" he said getting on the bed and pulled me along with him so I was laying on his chest.

"Goodnight amore" Damien whispered and placed a kiss on my forehead

"Night baby" I said