Chapter 123

After a week Ling Wei is finally discharged.

She can already move but after a few minutes of walking, she is already tired so she is truly bored inside the hospital.

Inhaled the polluted air of the city and finally realized that she was back!

Ling Wei watched the familiar and yet unfamiliar scenery while traveling.

When they arrived home, the whole family was there including Qu Yan to congratulate her recovery.

Their nanny cooks a lot of Ling Wei's favorites and they started celebrating her return.

While lying on her bed, she contemplates while brewing sleep.

She was in the ancient time for almost 13 years but it was only two years in the modern world.

So the time in another world ran faster than her original world.

The jade pendant she brought was put high while Ling Wei was deciding if she should first search for him or she would make up the time for her family first.

While thinking, Ling Wei fell asleep without knowing that the person she wanted to find is already part of he life.

After a week in their house, Ling Wei forcefully pushed her dad away

"Dad! If the company is not yet shut down while are you staying here? Go out and work! So Mom an I will have money for our extravagance!"

Ling Chuan chuckles helplessly, With the help of his daughter's nagging he finally goes to his office.

Although he can do all the necessary work in their house he understands that Ling Wei is just showing her concern by doing this.

She wanted to assure them that everything was fine and the hard time was over, so they should resume their normal lives.

He will give whatever his precious daughter wants, the pain, worry, and fright of losing Ling Wei cannot be erased but, he will try his best to live normally again.

"Say Weiwei, do you want to enter college this year?"

Xu Sue asked while Ling Wei was resting from her therapy session.

"Of course! Mom, are you still worried about me?"

Su Xue smiled and did not deny it

"There is without a day that we did not worry about you"

Ling Wei pursed her lips guiltily

"Sorry, Mom! For making you worried, I will be extra careful okay?"

"You can't take that away from us, Even if you stay inside the house for the rest of your life, we will still worry"

Ling Wei laughed and then slowly suggested

"I know, I am your only daughter so what happened is devastating to you and Dad, so why not give me a little brother"

"And what is the connection between those two? Do you think that our love for you will be lessened if you have a sibling? That is ridiculous thinking! Weiwei the parent's love can't be divided"

Ling Wei hugged her mother smilingly and said

"Mom I know! I just want to have a younger brother! What is wrong with that?"

Su Xue shook her head

"With my age?"

"What? My mother is still young!"

Su Xue just shook her head and did not expose Ling Wei's thoughts.

In the end, Ling Wei's decision to go to college is final.

After a month of Therapy, Ling Wei is finally back on her feet.

So she starts pulling her mother to go to the beauty salon for beauty treatments, If Qu Yan is available, she will surely come as well.

Then Ling Wei started going visiting her grandparents, she also learned to drive and acquired her driver's license.

Another month has passed, while dining with her parents, Ling Chun suddenly said

"Now that Weiwei is awake, I guess it is time to finally cancel the engagement"

Ling Wei who was eating heartily suddenly choked.

Su Xue hurriedly gave her water and patted her back gently while glaring at her husband.

Ling Chun guiltily coughs, while waiting for Ling Wei's cough to subside.

"Dad, what do you mean engagement? I have no recollection of being engaged!"

Su Xue kicked Ling Chun's leg under the table and gently said

"Let us eat first okay? It is not as bad as you think, we will explain everything after the meal, no hurry"

Ling Wei pout, who can still eat after hearing news like that? But she nods anyway and starts eating again, she can't worry about her parents anymore.

After the painful meal, the family sat in the living room and started talking about the engagement.

"When you had that accident and was announced to fall into a comma, we did not want to leave your side so the company almost fell, that time I did not care but was woken up by your grandfather's words"

The feeling of a heart being squeezed tightly, which is suffocating makes Ling Wei want to cry, she inhales and exhales deeply to calm her aching heart.

Who will provide Ling Wei's medical fee? What would be her reaction when she woke up and found out that it was her cause? How guilty she would be? Ling Wei's grandfather's words woke Ling Chun up.

But a lot has happened already so the company has started falling.

Ling Chun did everything he could, but it is already late, but a person came to him.

He said that he would help him ensure the investments, but in exchange, Ling Chun will introduce him to potential investors when Ling Chun's company rises again.

And as collateral to their agreement, he will be engaged to Ling Wei.

Ling Chun certainly did not agree, but his father's words kept echoing so with a heavy heart he agreed.

The engagement has been announced in their circle but not formally.

Now, almost two years have passed, the man never cared about Ling Wei, and even has messy rumors outside.

"We tried canceling the engagement after the fulfillment of our deal, but he keeps shunning me out, i also visited his office and was finally able to talk to him but he only said that it is not yet the time and we should talk about it again later"