Chapter 12: Loach And Eel

After lunch, Ling Wei helps her mother  prepare their front and backyard to plant some vegetables and fruits.

Ling Wei helps prepare the backyard and then thinks of the plants she wants to plant in there.

after a long contemplating, she thought of grapes and berries!

her grandfather loves grape wine so she is sure that there is the grape in there.

then we will pick and transfer some wild berries from the mountain, after planning, she works more diligently, too excited to plant delicious fruits.

although the backyard is only 1 acre and her brothers were helping her, she still felt dead tired that night.

when she woke up the next morning, it is already a little late, but because she doesn't have any plans so she just lazed around her bed before leaving.

the house was deserted when she goes out of her room.

after breakfast, she checks the yard and found her mother there

"your brothers are at the river catching fish"

she nods and let them be.

she wants to walk around to find something to use for hygiene.

she takes a small basket then goes up the mountain.

her mother suggests bringing her friends but she refused, thinking that they are already enjoying their time in the river.

her mother repeatedly tells her to be careful and don't stray before she finally let her go.

Ling Wei walk slowly while looking around, last time she take back some colorful flowers, and when she dried them, she only gathers small amounts after grinding them.

she wants to add the amount of them before winter comes so maybe today is the right time.

she headed to the field of flowers to pick the additional flowers she needed.

while picking she noticed something very familiar and yet unfamiliar.

she only saw this through videos she watched!

it's mint leaves! those vloggers keep on introducing these leaves in their survival videos!

whenever you are trapped on an island or mountain, chew mint leaves to have a fresh breath! hygiene is still important!

she takes a leaf then smells it and tries chewing it.

it is mint leaves!

she digs some of them to replan in their yard and tries her luck to gain some more.

she didn't see anything at the flower field anymore so she change her location.

while walking, she keeps on looking around while listening to the birds chirping and the sound of the air grazing at the trees making a relaxing sound.

Ling Wei smiles feeling lucky.

she thought that getting reincarnated in this era is the worst but unexpectedly she felt really free!

she loves this feeling and she won't give this up no matter what.

she stretch her neck feeling stiff looking up, then she froze seeing an aloe vera nearby.

she giggles and picks one, after confirming that it is the real deal she digs and plucks a lot.

aloe vera is good for sunburns and rashes.

and it's the main ingredient of the shampoo she loved the most!

but she feels like crying again when she remembers that she doesn't know how to make one!

she truly regrets it! she should have watched those stuff and learned a thing or two about making those!

she sighs and is determined to learn to make them! anyway, she has a vague idea of some ingredients, the remaining?

she'll figure it out later.

"how come so many flowers again?"

Cheng Waner said while taking some of Ling Wei's burden.

Ling Wei finally see the surroundings clearly look at her mother and answer

"I will dry them again later! but mother I pick something more good!"

Cheng Waner looks at the small basket with confusion, except grass, there is only an unknown plant in it.

Ling Wei giggle

"mother try this!"

then she feed her mother a mint leaf, Cheng Waner slowly chews the leaf and was startled, there is a cool and refreshing feeling in her mouth!

"nice right? when I try one,  I felt my mouth is cleansed!"

Ling Wei said while grinning from ear to ear,

Cheng Waner nod, she also feels the same, after the mint, she glances at the aloe vera so Ling Wei explain

"it was too hot earlier, I saw this and when I touch the gel inside, it was cold so I put it on my skin and I felt the burning pain from the sun disappear!"

Cheng Waner's eyes widen and look at her daughter disapproving

"don't try anything next time! what if it is poisonous?"

"mother don't worry! I saw some animals eating them so I know it's safe! I won't put my life in any danger! I promise"

seeing her daughter is serious Cheng Waner is finally relieved.

her brothers came at lunchtime while eating they invite her to catch eels later, she didn't think too much and just agreed.

Ling Wei and her brothers left the house after dinner.

she is kinda excited, it's her first time going out at night since she transmigrated.

then her brothers lead her to a rice field.

Ling Wei saw Mumu, Sisi, and Nini already there with the other boys.

Ling Wei happily wave at them but froze seeing them inviting them to go into the muddy field.

"o-okay? why should we go in there?"

Ling He laugh

"silly sister! how can we catch eels if we don't go in?"

Ling Wei's eyes widen

"the eels are in there?"

the children laugh at her and her friends start teasing her.

Ling Bin sigh helplessly and reach out

"I will hold you, don't be afraid"

Ling Wei is not afraid at all! she is horrified by the idea of stepping into a muddy field.

she bit her lips then hold onto Ling Bin's hand, she was about to step in but Ling Han stop her

"sister you have to remove your shoes!"

Ling Wei stiffens more!

can she not?!

after mental instruction, for a long time, she removes her shoes and steps on the mud.

when her foot touches the cold and slippery field, she felt goosebumps!

the sticky, slippery cold mud is hugging her feet which makes her cringe.

when she is already in the field the others are already catching eels.

"so how can we catch eels?"

"catch it by hand!"

Ling Han's answer that makes Ling Wei wants to run.