Chapter 56

After the misunderstandings are cleared up, Lu Nini and Xiong Tian become closer which makes others' eyes turn green.

The news even travels till reaches Fu Hai's ears.

So he called Xiong Tian

"You young man are fast, aren't you? This general is happy for you but let me remind you"

He pats Xiong Tian's back and his voice drops a few degrees

"My wife liked Weiwei very much, and Lu Nini is one of her best friends so I suggest you that be kind to her okay?"

Xiong Tian nods seriously, if he won't treat her better then who would he?

He will treat her like a queen!

Fu Hai is quite satisfied with his reaction

"Then go ahead but don't scare the little girl and don't try anything funny or else"

"General I will respect and treasure her well! Don't  worry"

After this answer Fu Hai finally let him go.

Although there is still an unsolved problem but at least there is good news.

Long Yi Sheng silently turned his eyes away when he saw Lu Nini and Xiong Tian

"I say Your Highness what is wrong with these two? Why do I have an illusion that there are pink bubbles around them?"

Long Yi Sheng give Ling Bin the blockhead a pat

"Then go ahead and burst those pink bubbles"

Ling Bin is really confused about what is going on.

"Captian Xiong! Nini!"

"Brother Ling Bin! How are you?"

Xiong Tian's eyes turned darker but he forcefully hid his expression

"Lieutenant Ling"

"I am good! Have you eaten?"

Lu Nini smile

"Yes, what about you?"

Xiong Tian's expression becomes colder and colder seeing her smile beautifully at another man.

Long Yi Sheng chuckles feeling happy about Ling Bin's disturbing the lovebirds.

Xioa Tian's lips form a straight line seeing Long Yi Sheng enjoying the show.

He curses him in his mind to have a difficult time chasing a wife when the time comes.

He did not know that even without him, Long Yi Sheng's level of difficulty in wife chasing is maxed!

Long Yi Sheng laughs silently seeing the usual stoic face of Xiong Tian is getting darker and darker.

But he will do nothing because he likes the show very much.

In the end, Xiong Tian will have to leave because he has to run some errands.

Lu Nini was a little disappointed but kept her smile when she bid him goodbye.

The adjutants who came with Xiong Tian were looking at him with appalled expression.

He was like injected with chicken blood, his movements are faster than normal but he does everything neatly.

He managed to come back the same day but it was already dark.

When he saw that the light on Lu Nini's tent was still on so he tried calling her.

Lu Nini came out after a while and giggled at Xiong Tian's appearance.

He looks messy!

He smiled sheepishly and handed her something

"I bought this downtown, it will help to keep you warm"

Lu Nini smiled shyly and thanked him, then hurriedly urged him to rest.

Lu Nini and Xiong Tian's relationship got deeper but it is still unclear which makes Lu Nini anxious.

In her mind, maybe she was just misunderstanding him thinking that he liked her too?

But this thought did not last long.

After staying for 2 months, an accident happened.

The problem became bigger, so Fu Hai announced that there would be war again sooner or later.

Xiong Tian came to Lu Nini that night

"Nini, there will be a war again, can you wait for me? I know I am much older than you but, I am not married yet, if you agree, I will have you, only you! There will be hard times but I swear that we will resolve everything together"

Lu Nini looked at him with eyes widen

"You don't have to answer me rushly, I can wait! Take your time"

Then he hurriedly left afraid of being rejected.

Lu Nini didn't know whether to laugh or cry seeing him fleeing.

That night she slept with a smile on her face.

The next day Xiong Tian departed and so Lu Nini, the last place was her last stop so after this she became extremely busy.

The attacks become frequent like they want to kill them one at a time.

From the first night someone died, until today, the total rose to 50 deaths.

They studied the pattern of the killing and found out the next place.

Fu Hai sent Long Yi Sheng, Xiong Tian, Ling Bin, and Shi Wu.

But they made a mistake.

Right after Lu Nini enters the city, a commotion happens.

The city was under attack.

Lu Nini panicked and did not know what to do, it was good that she was ushered to a safer place together with the civilians.

One of the envoys hurriedly sent out the note using his falcon.

When Fu Hai heard the news his face contorted.

The killing was a trap! They intentionally left some clues so they will read it wrongly!

Xiong Tian's soul almost left his body when he heard the news.

Ling Bin's face paled and was about to come back but Long Yi Sheng stopped them.

"We cannot move rashly! We may put them in danger for a slight mistake"

"Then what? We cannot wait either"

Thinking about the fear-stricken on Lu Nini's face Xiong Tian's heart is being squeezed.

"She is the envoy sent by the emperor! The people around her are all well trained"

And there are two people sent by Ling Wei, and both of them are well-trained so he knows that they will protect her well.

"All we can do now is to wait for the general's order"

Lu Nini already calmed herself so she made a quick decision to help

She helped the other civilians to evacuate, she even helped the healers.

She doesn't know how but, she knows that she can still be helped by carrying and holding the wounded.

The fight lasted for 2 weeks, Lu Nini was well protected but seeing a lot of wounded and dead soldiers, her mentality collapsed bit by bit.