Chapter 40

Then General Fu Hai tells him how they clear everything around the escape route and how they accidentally found the enemy's hideout.

The emperor heard that the trapped people is finally safe so he is finally relieved and sent a decree summoning them immediately.

Ling  Wei heard the news and happily announce it to her mother and grandmother.

Ding Cui and Cheng Waner wept in happiness after hearing the news.

They hugged each other and thank the gods.

The empress dowager happily returns to the temple to thank Buddha.

Ling Wei starts the preparations for the arrival of her brothers.

Ling He and Ling Han already asked for a leave, because Ling Bin's vacation is earlier than theirs so they have to make adjustments, after all, it's been 3 years since they last saw their eldest brother.

When the team arrived at the capital, they first enter the palace to meet the emperor.

The young and vigorous men are nervous, most of them are just commoners trying their luck the earn some titles and gain honors for their families.

So entering the palace, and even meeting the most venerable emperor is like a dream.

"don't be nervous, the royal family won't eat you"

Long Yi Sheng teased Ling Bin

"it's  easy for you to say that, you are part of them!"

His retort makes Long Yi Sheng chuckle.

The emperor warmly welcomed them, and the juveniles felt overwhelmed and swore their loyalty toward the emperor.

The emperor grant them a decree and named them "Laohu".

They will be the tigers who will roam around the kingdom's mountains and forest, and keep their lands safe.

Then the emperor called out 5 names including Long Yi Sheng and Ling Bin who he gave recognition.

These 5 youths have been the best inside the camp and even when facing the enemies, they were collected and calm enough.

So General Fu Hai and Captain Gu Si personally ask for their recognition.

When the 5 youths received the decree with the rewards, the others happily congratulated them.

The youths are straightforward and easy to read, and Gu Si was gratified seeing none of them had a tinge of unsatisfactory, instead, they are genuinely happy.

Ling Bin didn't know how to express his happiness, he looks at Long Yi Sheng gratefully.

He knows that without his help, Ling Bin won't be as good as he is now.

Long Yi Sheng pat his shoulder and said

"it was all your hard work"

Even if Long Yi Sheng teach him, if Ling Bin himself didn't train hard or ignored his advice, it will be all useless.

After the ceremony and a small banquet, Ling Bin can finally go home.

"your friend left?"

The Empress Dowager asks Long Yi Sheng

"yes grandma"

"then invite him some other time, I would like to meet him"

Long Yi Sheng smile

"because he is my friend or because he is Ling Wei's older brother?"

The empress dowager laugh merrily