Chapter 32

When the Ling Family left, Ling Cong start becoming uneasy.

He peaked outside his room, and after seeing no one he hastily left the room to meet someone.

"Why did you come this fast? We should meet after a week, right?"

'Ling Cong' looked around and whisper

"Those villagers want to sell the shop and bring me to their village! They want me to live there and resume hunting!"

The man frowned and asked

"Why do you think they want to leave the capital? did they notice that you are not the real one?"

'Ling Cong' shook his head

"I don't think so, I act flawless and I am pretty sure that they won't have any doubt about me!"

The man looks at him intently and then sigh

"if that's the case then why?"

"they said that I can recuperate faster in the village"

They both fell into silence, Ling's family is ignorant villagers, they will have doubts but, finding them out is impossible!

They are doing this work for 10 years now, and their target is always those rich but ignorant.

They are roaming to different provinces and it's the first time they found a victim inside the capital.

At first, the leader didn't want to gamble inside the capital, but someone approaches them and guides them to the Ling family.

When they learn about the Ling family's circumstances they instantly become their target.

The plan is to suck them dry and then kill them if they are of no use.

"Anyhow, you still need to be careful and don't sell us out, even though they are ignorant but I have a feeling that they are not easy, don't lose your control and try to lengthen your patience "

He knows that this man is easy to lose control, and is a short-tempered person so the leader didn't want him to assign any work.

"stop being naggy! I will finish this perfectly and I will assure you that after this we will earn a lot!"

Then after a while, both of them left with each different paths.

'Ling Cong' left and didn't look back so he didn't see that right after he turned, his associate was captured by an unknown person.

Ling Wei received the news and instantly her mood improved.

She didn't make her move because she wanted to uproot this evil force!

Tracking down this group is a huge breakthrough, either by accident or not, these people have to pay the price for deceiving them!

"Miss, we heard that this man is impatient, I think it's fine to throw the bait, he won't hesitate to bite it"

Ling Wei nodded, understanding the man's meaning

"Many thanks, Master Wu! I truly appreciate this life-saving grace"

Guard Wu shook his head

"Miss no need to thank me, I am just doing Master Zhou's order"

But Ling Wei will remember this, from the bottom of her heart.

Ling Wei informs her family then makes a plan.

"let us agitate him more so he will show his real face"

The family talked about the whole plan then retire for the night.

Ling Wei bring Ling Cong over to eat at the shop.

Ling Cong look greedily around but still endure.

"We talked to the physician who checked on you, he said that you should rest in familiar surroundings and the village is the most appropriate"

Cheng Waner said while eating

Ling Cong paused, he looked up and said

"I am fine, no need to sacrifice on my behalf! Listen to me okay? No need to recuperate, there is nothing wrong with me"

"But Dad, the shop has been sold already! We don't have any choice anymore"

Ling Wei said smiling.

Ling Cong drops his chopsticks and ask in dead serious

"is what you said true?"

Ling Wei nodded still smiling then explain

"This shop is popular so it was not hard to need to find a buyer, but because it was urgent so we sold it cheaper, but the money is enough for Ling Han and Ling He to finish their studies"

Ling Cong's eyes reden

"what do you mean?"

He asked with a shaky voice, trying so hard to even his temper

"Dad what I mean is, the shop is already sold, and the money has been given as Ling Han and Ling He's tuition fee! In short, we are now back from being poor! We have to rely on Dad again! It is really good that you are back"

Ling Cong growled

"WHERE IS THE MONEY!?"

Ling Wei smile more, ignoring Ling Cong's scary appearance

"We know a master working in the academy, we already gave him everything"

Ling Cong suddenly stand up and push the table,

Ding Cui and Ling Waner already pull the children away so no one was hurt

"Are you messing with me?"

Ling Wei smile mockingly

"we do"

Then a person pinned Ling Cong down.

Ling Cong was startled and attempted to stand up but the man is stronger.

The Ling family looked down at him with anger and pain.

"do you think we don't know? The first time I saw you I already noticed that something is amiss"

Ling Cong tried harder but he still can't overpower the man pinning him so he can only lookup

"w-what do you mean?"

"I knew that you are fake, your skin and the shape of your face are inaccurate, I am a detailed person, so even if it's just a small mistake, I will notice it instantly, and the way you address us is wrong! You didn't even ask for the Ling's eldest son! My father is not like you! And will never be you! He never call me Weiwei, he didn't call my mother by her name! Your incomplete knowledge about us gave you away"

Ling Cong froze feeling incredulous

" and your companion has been captured and interrogated, he already spill everything, no need to deny it, Shu Xing!"

Ling Wei didn't forget to add seeing him still struggling.

She didn't add that she is obsessed with every small details, in Ling Wei's memory the face was the same but bone structures are different, human skin might be possible but changing bone structure is not in this era.

Shu Xing's eyes widen, his whole body shook, then he slumps down feeling weak, he knows it's over!