16

The Reason - Hoobastank

May 25, 2021

HARRY STYLES

I park my car in Isa's driveway, get out of the vehicle, and approach the door, softly knowing on it, patiently waiting for Isa to open it.

"Hey," a sleepy Karissa opens the door, still wearing her pajamas, one of the buttons almost popping off due to her belly, and I make a note to get her new pajamas the next time I come over.

"I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?" I ask, immediately trying to apologize.

"No," she chuckles. "I was just about to get Astrid ready for school," she opens the door for me to go in, and I do, stepping into her living room, my nose immediately filling with the smell of freshly cooked breakfast.

"Astrid is upstairs; let me get her ready, and we'll be right down. There are pancakes on the counter, and there's coffee already made," she smiles, slowly walking up the stairs.

I turn the TV on, putting on the news even though we don't really like what's on them, but it was such a part of our routine that now Astrid is the one that asks us to put them on.

I open one of the cabinets, look for a plate, get one out, and serve myself fresh pancakes. I decide to help Isa with Astrid's breakfast, and I get the strawberries and the milk out, cutting them into little squares and putting them on a plate with milk poured.

I do the same for Isa, making sure hers has extra butter and peanut butter, cutting a banana in half, and putting it on the side.

"Daddy?" I hear Astrid call from the stairs, and I walk to the living room, seeing a happy Astrid rushing down the stairs, Cherry running right behind her.

"Little dove," I kneel, quickly catching her in my arms and picking her up. "How's my pretty girl doing?"

"Good," she giggles, snuggling her head on my neck.

I kiss the side of her cheek, take her to the kitchen, and sit her down in her high chair, placing the food bowl in front of her.

"Thank you, Daddy," she smiles, and I kiss her. I hear Karissa come down the stairs and enter the kitchen, already dressed and her hair done.

I don't realize I'm staring until Astrid pulls my arm, telling me she's been calling my name for a while now.

"What did you say, baby?" I ask Astrid, her pointing at her now-finished plate, making me laugh.

"I want down," she lifts her arms, and I pick her up, putting her on the floor. She runs out of the kitchen, calling Cherry's name for her to follow her.

Karissa sat on the chair next to me, and I put her plate in front of her; she immediately smiled and thanked me. We sit down to eat, hearing Astrid play with Cherry's toys while Cherry barks.

"We can go drop Astrid off, and then I'll come back to get the bassinet," I tell Isa, her nodding.

"It's up to you. I'll be here all day anyways."

We finished eating, and I put Astrid in the car, also helping Karissa get in the car. I drive to Astrid's school, both of us getting out of the car to drop her off at the door.

"There's a sandwich, water bottle, and strawberries in your backpack. Don't forget," Isa says, slowly kneeling to kiss Astrid's cheek and whisper something in her ear, making Astrid giggle.

"I will, mommy," she smiles widely. "Bye, Daddy," she gives me a high five, turning around and running to her classroom, turning to wave at us a couple of times.

For Eternity [H.S AU]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें